Business Systems Analyst 2 (N-IT)
Vancouver, WA - Added Nov 21st, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Business Systems Analyst 2 (N-IT)
This position is the center point for report creation & management for Supply Chain Services at Vancouver's largest utility company. This position supports reporting requirements for SCS reporting in Hyperion, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, and Sharepoint maintenance. This position will create and manage very complex reports, ad-hoc queries, and on-demand reports consumed by SCS. It will also perform data analysis, offering suggestion for improvement to management. It will also interface with users to support functional requirements development. This team is collaborative and transparent in how they work. They follow a calendar that has a standard cadence but have to be agile for emergency work as well. The ideal person in this role will remain agile to change and work well with others. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Work associated with this position will be directly related to business process support for systems change management, process and compliance requirements for the organization.
- Review report specifications, verifying that all essential requirements are documented.
- Re-engineer reports currently written in Hyperion, and convert to new agreed upon report format.
- Verify that project software specifications, interface requirement specifications and software development plans are correct and of adequate scope.
- Review and validate that configuration management policies and procedures and provide thorough requirements traceability through version release and adequate documentation to support system operation and maintenance.
- Document programs while applying applicable standards to all products.
- Draft/prepare job-aids and training materials and assist staff in preparing and conducting program presentations, in-house and client training, and providing functional education.
- Provide recommendations and supporting analysis for management decisions.
- Project Coordination:
- Participate in project planning
- Recommend project operations’ schedules
- Provide recommendations to management for staffing requirements and resource allocations for projects.
- Prepare technical reports, documents, studies, and system documentation as required.
- Confer with system users to document and resolve existing system problems.
- Support organization change process and configuration management efforts.
- Support system modeling and configuration system baselines
- Assist in defining, developing and documenting of new processes and procedures as required
- Support process and procedure roll-out
- Provide support for both the manual and automation software patch program
- Track the Request for Change (RFC) related to each mitigation plan and report status to appropriate system owner
- Attend meetings to support customer needs. Attendance assists in maintaining currency of technical knowledge.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Systems or closely related technical discipline is preferred. (Associates degree in applicable discipline can be substituted for 2 years required experience - see below)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Systems or a closely related technical discipline is highly desired (Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline can substitute for 4 years related experience – see below).
- Required Experience: A minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is desired. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Information Technology, Business Systems, or other related IT specialty.
- 10 years previous Information Technology, Business Systems or other closely related technical experience (or a combination thereof) is required without a degree (6+ years required with an applicable Bachelor’s Degree; 8+ years required with an applicable Associates Degree).
- 3 years of experience with the following:
- Creating complex SQL’s and ad-hoc queries into a relational database
- Database knowledge of the Asset Suite enterprise asset management application (or similar enterprise relational database applications) sufficient to create complex queries without input from Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
- Advanced report creation in Excel, Power BI, SSRS, JasperSoft or SSAS
- 1 year of experience with the following:
- Intermediate skills/experience with SharePoint, sufficient to support, manage, edit, and maintain sites, document repositories, workspaces, libraries, lists, views, etc.
- Analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Modeling processes, determining requirements, analyzing alternatives, and verifying solutions to meet business needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE9475621120