Program Support Specialist
Vancouver, WA - Added Jan 7th, 2019Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Program Support Specialist
This contract Program Support Specialist role will provide program and operational support to the Supervisory Public Utilities Specialist at a local power company in Vancouver. This position will utilize established templates to draft and facilitate implementation of a wide range of complex reimbursable agreements between the company and its external customers. This position will perform duties within compliance and will also assist management in providing process and policy management guidance. This position will also support annual program and organizational initiatives and customer satisfaction targets.
Folks who are self-starters, good collaborators, and with highly developed analytical skills and strong attention to detail will do well here! Good written and oral communication skills are a must to be successful. The position will work with many different organizations within the company and will gain a lot of insight into the utility industry, specifically related to the full lifecycle of customer-driven projects, how they are initiated, developed and administered.
- Provide training on sharing systems and provide process expertise to coworkers and customer service engineers in team meetings or in one-on-one sessions to other personnel as needed.
- Serve as your team's point of contact, providing process and policy support to Customer Service Engineers (CSE), Transmission Account Executives (AE), other organizations within the company and outside entities and utility customers. Support consists of educating others on existing processes and policies.
- Verify contract actions are in accordance with A-123 controls (internal audit of financials) and standardized reporting/documentation procedures.
- Provide input and recommendations to CSE’s or to the Managers regarding the development, implementation, and administration of a wide range of complex contracts, utilizing approved templates. Contract types include:
- New or upgraded transmission facilities;
- Laboratory services;
- Meter and relay installations;
- Projects with other federal agencies;
- Telecommunications services;
- Commercial wireless installations;
- Dark fiber connections;
- Customer Reliability Compliance
- Emergency response services;
- Short-term maintenance or equipment leases
- For unique contracts that do not have established templates, verify all relevant data elements are captured in the contract action.
- Recommend changes to management or customer service engineers when a deviation from standard formats or procedures is warranted.
- Coordinate with new customers to obtain complete contact data, a signed W9 form, and information necessary to establish new customers in the company's customer and vendor databases.
- Confirm all relevant supporting documentation is obtained for assigned contract actions. Examples include schedule confirmation, capital funding approval, network funding determination memos, environmental clearance, etc.
- Monitor receipt of deposits for reimbursable contracts using the PeopleSoft Financials system.
- Coordinate with Asset and Workload Planning for work order creation on assigned contracts.
- Submit work order requests to Program Coordination after the executed contract and payment are received. Disseminate executed contract, work order and payment information to all affected parties.
- Serve as the primary data administrator in maintaining contract data in SharePoint, Project Web Access, Commercial Business Support Application (CBSA), Customer Contract Management (CCM), and Customer Data Management (CDM).
- Maintain an accounting record of contract dates, payment terms, and work order information.
- Prepare contract modifications for approval by Team Leads, Supervisors or Manager as needed to increase contract funding, alter the scope of work, or extend the completion date.
- Retrieve project cost data through queries and the PeopleSoft financial database.
- Prepare contracts for closeout upon project completion, utilizing CBSA and CCM.
- Prepare new contract templates in accordance with Transmission Business Practices, internal procedures and all applicable FERC, legal, and accounting guidelines.
- Provide expertise and recommendations in developing, streamlining, simplifying, and documenting processes related to the reimbursable program.
- Provide SharePoint administration support.
- Provide data and document management and distribution support as needed.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting or a closely related field is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting or a closely related field is preferred.
- With an Associate ’s degree in applicable fields: 7+ years directly related experience is required.
- With a Bachelor ’s degree in applicable fields: 5+ years directly related experience is required.
- No degree: 9+ years of directly related experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of program/project coordination/control and progressively more technical in nature.
- Intermediate to advanced SharePoint skills and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE82096517