Portland, OR - Added Dec 17th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Our client, a reputable leader in home improvement services, is looking to add a Controller to their impressive team in the Portland area. The Controller will take charge of the financial health of the company by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements. Familiarity with audits, invoices and budget preparations are a must while demonstrating interest in managing accounting activities including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. This role will manage the finance and accounting departments by providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future. If this role aligns with your interests and background, consider applying today!
- Experience with job costing, earned value, and percent complete analysis preferred.
- Evaluating existing processes and making recommendations to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Managing team of AP & AR Specialists
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Researching technical accounting issues for compliance
- Supporting month-end and year-end close process
- Providing training in AP/AR processes
- Monitoring and confirming financial condition by conducting audits and establishing internal controls; providing information to external/internal auditors
- Audit Costs of Good Sold for construction projects
- Recommending benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- 5+ years within a Senior Accounting role with at least two in either the construction, home improvement or manufacturing industry. This is a must.
- Experience in leading teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Masters/CPA/CMA Preferred
- Strong accounting skills; results-oriented, with little supervision
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with effective and concise communication skills
- High level of proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel
- Strong ethics and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in ERP system implementation
- Audit and AP/AR experience
Local candidates only.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: NM12773251217