Quality Assurance Analyst 3
Portland, OR - Added Jan 10th, 2019Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Quality Assurance Analyst 3
A reputable utility company in Portland is looking to add a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to their team! The Quality Assurance Analyst position supports large multi-year projects while also performing Operations and Maintenance key QA tasks such as test script development and execution, defect tracking, test coordination, test environment verification, and data quality management. The best fit for this position will excel in a team environment with collaborative work on technical solutions, and an approach for continuous process improvement and delivery of quality services. This team verifies reliable application source control, change management, and system support while maintaining quality standards and practices on projects and existing applications, for COTS and critical in-house systems. This role integrates with IT teams such as infrastructure, Cyber Security, Application Development, and Operations, as well as clients across the agency.
Technical Lead Duties:
- Help develop procedures, policies and systems to support QA efforts, including testing automation strategies and solutions.
- Facilitate QA staff to establish and document standards for QA methodologies and tools.
- Facilitate and promote quality assurance activities associated with Agency Projects as assigned.
- Provide staff with insight into quality activities and resource requirements.
- Promote consistent use of terminology across projects/departments within the company.
- Interface with all necessary project personnel including Project Management, QA support Lead, business analysts, and technical developers to ensure compliance with the Quality Plan and Testing Methodology.
- Serve as liaison between QA team and PMO group for QA technical and methodology standards.
Regular Quality Assurance Duties:
- Create, coordinate and execute manual and automated application tests.
- Facilitate, articulate and implement the quality assurance approach for the Quality Plan and the Product Test Plan
- Assist in the design and writing of tests which will be used in system integration, functional, and acceptance testing.
- Assist with the development of programmatic test plans, cases, scripts and related documentation for a complex, highly secure suite of Internet/intranet applications.
- Coordinate and facilitate test environments, testers and developers among multiple projects during the testing phase.
- Perform defect management to include inputting defects, updating status, determining severity, verifying fixes, and producing defect reports. QAs do not determine when solutions are delivered or the priorities of defects.
- Read and run compares on sanitized test databases using database skills either as XML, Oracle or SQL.
- Prepare time estimates, communicate resource requirements and provide timely progress reports to the program, project managers, and QA Lead.
- Provide presentations on testing deliverables, milestones and report on quality discrepancies.
- Use multiple methods such as Waterfall Modeling, Agile Modeling, and others to model and document test cases.
- Develop/draft manual test scripts to support functional and non-functional testing.
Additional Project-Specific Responsibilities:
- Verify that requirements are identified, clear, needed and testable.
- Attend project and requirement reviews and verification of test scripts.
- Help resolve requirement definition problems.
- Compare user needs to project requirements.
- Review and recommend changes to Functional Requirements in the form of use cases and other testing documents.
- Perform technical writing.
- Monitor project progress and provide reports on risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related technical field is preferred.
- In lieu of an applicable degree, an equivalent of 4 additional years of experience in Computer Technology or closely-related technical field (14+ year’s total) is required.
- 10+ years of demonstrated QA experience is required; 14+ years of demonstrated QA experience is required without a Bachelor’s degree as specified above.
- Experience should involve test methodology design and implementation, along with hands-on experience writing test plans, test cases, test data, and test database creation/sanitizing, problem tracking/resolution, coordinating test activities among multiple testers, and maintaining defect logs among other applied skills and knowledge.
- Experienced in a testing and defect management tool, such as TFS, to include the design of Releases, Requirement and Test hierarchies, and reports.
- Demonstrated experience using XML, Oracle or SQL for application integration, testing, and environmental compatibility.
- 5 years of experience leading a Quality Assurance Team.
- Demonstrated experience in aligning QA Strategy with software development activities and overall schedule, while supporting the SDLC.
- Experience leading QA effort for a vendor-supplied solution, either COTS, or vendor developed, on-site or in the cloud.
- Proficient in executing the test and validation activities of a large, complex project.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
- Advanced knowledge on the design and implementation of QA and testing methodologies in large complex systems using various development methodologies.
- 2 years professional presentation skills communicating technical data to a non-technical audience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE218568110