One of the Pacific Northwest’s leading utility company is currently seeking a contractor Training Specialist for their Talent Development team. This role will primarily involve creating job aids and other training material for an upgrade of their work management and scheduling systems.
Applicants should possess a variety of skills and experiences including: strong attention to detail, advanced writing skills, and an ability to break down technical knowledge into easy to understand training material for employees of diverse backgrounds and varying levels of technical knowledge. They should also possess the skills and experience needed for this job include the ability to break down and update existing course and training materials in MS Word and PowerPoint, the ability to develop strong working relationships with Subject Matter Experts and the ability to juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines. A strong knowledge of the MS Office suite, including SharePoint, is needed.
This role is associated with an IT project to upgrade the organization’s work management and scheduling software. The systems involved are Maximo, ARM Scheduler and ARM Field Manager. It will closely partner and collaborate with existing Training Specialists, IT, Change Management and project team members to collaborate on creating content that will quickly skill up employees on the changes brought about by the system upgrades.
Training Specialist Requirements:
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Training Specialist is required
- Project Management experience is required
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, change management, and the ability to manage multiple assignments is required
- Strong knowledge and application of MS Office Suite and SharePoint is required
- Comfort with working with complex computer systems is preferred