Portland, OR - Added Dec 3rd, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Financial Analyst 1
A Wholesale Power & Utility company is currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to support their Payroll and Travel teams. In this position, you will analyze department policies and guidelines, review internal processes relating to payroll and travel, and provide recommendations for process improvements to staff. This role will also assist management staff by assessing and settling penalty bills, reimbursable billings, collections, and other transactions. Our ideal candidate will be great with generating reports and navigating multiple software applications with ease. If this role sound of interest to you, apply today!
- Provides support to the payroll supervisor, verifying the accurate and timely processing of time, payroll, and leave transactions.
- Works directly with all PeopleSoft time, payroll, and leave processing and system updates.
- Assists in the verification of employee paychecks, checks all data entries for accuracy, and corrects any errors before final processing of payroll.
- Coordinates time and payroll operations issues with Human Resources, Finance, agency personnel, timekeepers and managers.
- Runs and builds queries, conducts research, and generates reports to troubleshoot errors and resolve issues in an automated environment.
- Prepares emails on behalf of the Manager to resolve time and labor exceptions. Emails are reviewed and approved by the Manager prior to dissemination.
- Conducts a quarterly audit review to check for correct controls on Time & Labor. Alerts the Manager of any audit findings.
- Assists manager with the administration of the Voluntary Leave Donor Program by working with Human Resources, donors and recipients, verifying the program is following appropriate guidelines and making process improvement recommendations.
- Sets up employee repayments and monitors and updates databases for student loans and employee overpayments.
- Responds to queries from managers and employees by investigating and answering questions on topics such as time, leave, payroll and other areas related to position responsibilities.
- Coordinates communication of process and operation issues and changes related to electronic travel processing operations with agency staff managers, administrative staff, Finance, system support staff, and other agencies as necessary.
- Runs queries, generates reports, troubleshoots and resolves travel and relocation reimbursement request issues in an automated financial system.
- Plans, coordinates and/or participates in travel and/or relocation expense reimbursement program audits.
- Develops, recommends, and implements new/enhanced auditing plans.
- Plans and conducts travel expense reimbursement audits, identifies recurring problems and proposes changes to internal controls. Alerts Manager of any audit findings.
- Serves as a high-end operator of financial systems sufficient to develop queries for end users.
- Analyzes laws, regulations, department policies, and other guidelines to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls, processes and program activities around travel.
- Coordinates Government Travel Charge Card reporting and auditing.
- Reviews payment submissions for compliance with applicable policies, rules and regulations associated with travel reimbursements.
- Maintains the travel inbox, forwarding matters requiring action to appropriate staff and following-up on aging items to verify completion.
- Supports the implementation of new technology and system interfaces as applicable.
- Assists with the implementation and testing of system enhancements and fixes to the payroll and travel systems.
- Identifies, assesses, and proposes solutions to process control and program compliance issues or weaknesses.
- Prepares training materials and provides training for general audiences and for lunch and learn events.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management, or a directly-related field is desirable (Associates degree in a specified or directly-related field can substitute for 2 years of required experience - see below).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management, or a directly-related field is preferred (Bachelor’s degree in a specified or directly-related field can substitute for 4 years of required experience – see below).
- Related Experience: A minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is required. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of financial analysis and progressively more technical in nature. Associates or Bachelor’s degrees can be substituted for a portion of the experience requirements (see below).
- 5 years of direct work experience in a financial analysis capacity, performed in a fast-paced environment, is required without a degree (3 years of experience with an applicable Associate’s degree; 1 year of experience with an applicable Bachelor’s degree).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (MS Office 2010 proficiency).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE635094123