Business Analyst 3
Vancouver, WA - Added Nov 17th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Business Analyst 3
This exciting role is with one of the Pacific Northwest's largest energy companies and is located in Vancouver, Washington. The position will guide business stakeholders and facilitate gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches to help clarify business operations, functions, perform gap analysis, document/map the current and future states, identify solution alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, and define processes. In addition, this position concentrates on collecting and analyzing data, analyzing workflow, and developing process analysis and decision support information and documents. This position will also assist the Application Services Manager and Supervisors in overall Transmission Technology organizational analysis, strategy, and development. If this opportunity sounds of interest, apply today!
- Provide analysis, design, and implementation support for commercial business systems and processes for Transmission Services. Business systems include vendor hosted webTrans; webOASIS, webScheduler, webTag, webData, etc.
- Analyze data, design and recommend solutions or alternative methods of conducting business.
- Develop/draft use cases and process diagrams to model new or changed business and business system functionality.
- Collaborate with Users and Subject Matter Experts to identify, compile and draft business and functional requirements and specifications for new commercial business system functionality.
- Coordinate with IT and assist with testing commercial business system software releases, upgrades, new modules, etc.
- Develop, draft and recommend test plans to verify accurate function of software tools and business processes; execute company management-approved plans.
- Develop, draft and recommend communication plans to keep management, clients, and customers informed of business and process changes; execute/implement company management-approved communication plans.
- Work with stakeholders to drive decision making and define requirements for program or project development to verify that business needs are being met.
- Support group initiatives to influence work being done in various North American Energy Standards Board executive and sub-committees. Involves documenting, understanding and tracking detailed proposed industry business processes and communicating with impacted groups to gain implementation consensus.
- Attend industry and regulatory forums with Transmission Services’ interests and concerns point of view; take notes to keep the company informed of pending issues.
- Develop and maintain system and process metrics on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Perform analysis of business issues, provide recommendations for possible solutions.
- Provide help desk/user support to internal & external Transmission Services commercial business customers, providing troubleshooting and user guidance as needed
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering or a directly-related technical field is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering or a directly-related technical field is preferred. With an Associate ’s degree in applicable fields: 10+ years directly related experience is required. With a Bachelor’s degree in applicable fields: 8+ years directly related experience is required. No degree: 12+ years of directly related experience is required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Visio (flowcharts), MS Project, Access, and SharePoint
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE1141641116