Business Analyst 3
Vancouver, OR - Added Oct 9th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Business Analyst 3
This exciting role is with one of the Pacific Northwest's largest energy companies and is located in Vancouver, Washington. This full-time contract Business Analyst position will be a part of the company's Transmission Services Commercial System organization. CSPI defines, measures, and monitors processes, implementation, and systems for Transmission Services commercial business. They participate in and monitor industry regulatory and standards development, represent and support the company's commercial transmission business. They seek continuous improvements in response to industry standards, new technology, and efficiency improvements while applying sound process management, decision support and data stewardship practices in managing the business processes, information, and tools that are necessary to effectively conduct transmission commercial business. The Senior Business Analyst will provide support to operational business units, customers, and clients with issue analysis.
- Provide analysis, design, and implementation support for commercial business systems and processes for Transmission Services. Business systems include vendor hosted webTrans; webOASIS, webScheduler, webTag, webData, etc.
- Analyze data, design and recommend solutions or alternative methods of conducting business.
- Develop/draft use cases and process diagrams to model new or changed business and business system functionality.
- Collaborate with Users and Subject Matter Experts to identify, compile and draft business and functional requirements and specifications for new commercial business system functionality.
- Coordinate with IT and assist with testing commercial business system software releases, upgrades, new modules, etc.
- Develop, draft and recommend test plans to verify accurate function of software tools and business processes; execute company management-approved plans.
- Develop, draft and recommend communication plans to keep management, clients, and customers informed of business and process changes; execute/implement company management-approved communication plans.
- Work with stakeholders to drive decision making and define requirements for program or project development to verify that business needs are being met.
- Support group initiatives to influence work being done in various North American Energy Standards Board executive and sub-committees. Involves documenting, understanding and tracking detailed proposed industry business processes and communicating with impacted groups to gain implementation consensus.
- Attend industry and regulatory forums with Transmission Services’ interests and concerns point of view; take notes to keep company informed of pending issues.
- Develop and maintain system and process metrics on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Perform analysis of business issues, provide recommendations for possible solutions.
- Provide help desk/user support to internal & external Transmission Services commercial business customers, providing troubleshooting and user guidance as needed.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Business Management, Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline is strongly preferred.
- 12+ years of work-related experience as a change agent, business analyst, systems analyst, project manager, QA analyst, policy analyst or equivalent is required.
- 1-year experience analyzing and developing business scenarios and use cases and working with stakeholders and developers to support the requirements development process.
- 1-year experience implementing new policy in the energy/utility industry at a transmission provider.
- Experience gaining consensus in large groups with varying interests.
- Experience working with NAESB and/or one of its sub-committees.
- Experience implementing Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Orders in a Transmission Provider’s Business Practices in the energy/utility industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
- Experience conducting comprehensive requirements reviews with project stakeholders, development teams, and QA teams.
- Demonstrated application of problem-solving skills, with experience in formal Problem Solving Training.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE650718109