Portland, OR - Added Oct 5th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
AML EDD Analyst
Our client, a Portland-based financial holding institution, is looking to add a stellar Enhanced Due Diligence Analyst to their team. This is a full-time, 5-month contracted role. As an AML EDD Analyst, you will perform enhanced due diligence as part of periodic reviews of the bank’s customers that are at elevated risk for money laundering in compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. You will periodically review transaction activity, search for negative news on the company and beneficial owners, assess and analyze the activity to determine if the activity is consistent with the line of business, number of locations and that the customer does not operate entities that violate U.S. law or regulations. Review projects are assigned based on skills and knowledge and cover a range of low and moderate-risk customers, all the way to more complex customers that pose the highest risk levels and require greater analysis skill. AML EDD analysts are also assigned alerts generated from the AML system related to higher-risk activity.
- Analyze high-risk customer transaction activity to ascertain legitimacy of the business and the business transactions, ensuring that the transaction activity is commensurate with the nature of the business entity.
- Analyze AML policies, procedures, and third-party audits of entities required to maintain an AML program to ascertain the entities overall level of compliance and make recommendations regarding the entity based on the analyzed level of AML risk the entity poses to the bank.
- Prepare written analyses for all assigned high-risk customers.
- Responsible for completion of all assigned high-risk alerts generated from AML systems.
- Responsible for requesting and reviewing necessary supporting documentation for EDD, depending on the type of review.
- Maintain EDD periodic reviews in an organized fashion within the shared drive folders to ensure easy access to EDD periodic review records.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business management, leadership, criminal justice, law, accounting, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of previous banking experience, preferably in AML operations or AML Compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, and its requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: RG696094104