Software Developer/Programmer 3
Portland, OR - Added Feb 26th, 2019Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Software Programmer/Developer 3
How would you feel about working for one of the leading utility businesses in the State of Oregon? A client of ours' is in the process of finding an experienced Software Developer to join their team for an 8-month long contract position with strong possibility for extension. In this role you will provide support to the Agency Commercial Systems (JSC) organization within the IT department, serving as a specialized C# and .NET developer supporting the company's information systems. The position involves coding, testing, building, configuring, migrating, maintaining, and documenting various vendor and in-house applications to provide business solutions using a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), graphical user interfaces and web services with software tools provided on a Windows platform. This position may also involve interpreting design specifications, coding software, developing and conducting unit tests, documenting and assisting with system installation and deployment procedures, following testing and change management procedures, producing system documentation requirements and working on a development team using a mix of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. If this sounds like a role you would be successful in and would like to pursue, then continue reading and please apply!
- Design, write and deploy C# based websites that use Web Services.
- Draft, document, and communicate effective technical solutions meeting end-user requirements.
- Work collaboratively with users and IT staff to design streamlined and efficient user interfaces.
- Design, develop and conduct automated unit and regression tests.
- Propose server and IIS setup/configurations to support n-tier operations.
- Leverage automated testing to consistently deliver reliable, high-quality code.
- Coordinate development efforts with project management, software developers, functional Subject Matter Experts (SME), business analysts, and quality analysts during the various phases of the System Lifecycle (SLC).
- Stand up, configure and maintain application environments.
- Produce robust, efficient, and secure .Net code for applications that interact with end users in high availability environments.
- Troubleshoot application and database performance problems.
- Productively integrate with an Agile development team.
- Analyze, test, and apply changes to the application environment under the prevailing change management procedures and requirements.
- Share functional and technical knowledge needed to develop and support systems with others.
- With manager oversight and approval, when needed, assume the role and responsibilities of a technical advisory, which includes the following:
- Review other developers’ code and provide technical and constructive feedback where necessary to verify their code that follows team coding standards and programming best practices.
- Break down technical work into tasks and provide reasonable time estimates to complete them.
- Communicate status of project development work to project team, users, information system owner and others.
- Analyze and interpret system functional and non-functional requirements and propose technical designs that satisfy the requirements that also minimize the long-term maintenance of the system.
- Identify and escalate technical bottlenecks and impediments to the project manager and Information System Owner (ISO), and ISO delegate.
- Produce needed technical documentation.
- Document and implement software deployment procedures.
- Level 3 requires 7+ years combination of education, certifications, and/or work experience in Computer/Information Technology or related field. Applicable certifications will count towards 1 year of experience and each applicable college degree will count towards 2 years of experience.
- 5 years’ demonstrated applications design & development experience developing secure applications using the .NET framework, C# and Web Services.
- Visual Studio (2015 or greater)
- Microsoft .NET (2.0 or greater)
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or greater) and/or Oracle (10g or greater)
- T-SQL and/or PL/SQL
- TFS, SVN or another source control tool
- Knowledge of AJAX, Angular, Web API and JQuery preferred
- Knowledge of MVC 4 or greater preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: KS781971226