Desktop Technical Customer Support 3
Portland, OR - Added Jan 4th, 2019Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Desktop Technical Customer Support 3
This full-time contract position resides in the Desktop Monitoring & Operations organization within Information Technology at a local utility company. The Desktop Technical Support position is responsible for providing technical assistance over the phone or in person for a wide variety of hardware, software and site-specific applications in an enterprise server-client environment. Duty hours will be set by the client support team lead to ensure coverage of support needs. We are looking for candidates who are both technically capable and can establish good working relationships with customers - If this sounds like you, consider applying today!
- Install and configure all hardware, Operating System and site-specific applications to a provided standards list and additional software.
- Install and administrate firmware patches supplied by vendors and security or update patches as required.
- Configure Microsoft Office applications and resolve usability issues. Includes troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook clients connecting to multiple Microsoft Exchange Servers and network file shares/printers. Resolve end-user functionality questions with Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware system level problems as they occur, taking a proactive approach to resolve issues before they become major problems.
- Configure new desktops, software upgrades, and provide problem-solving for hardware, operating systems, and security permission issues. Troubleshoot desktop problems both locally and remotely in a multi-domain, secure Active Directory environment.
- Verify functionality of enterprise business applications such as the PeopleSoft suite by configuring OS settings and troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Resolve and explain technical issues to a disparate range of technical and non-technical clients.
- Participate in the recommendation of hardware requirements and standards and procedures that fit within the overall Department of Energy and company IT standards and processes.
- Determine and build Virtual Server Host and Guest systems and appropriately size and configure for optimal use.
- Troubleshoot desktop to server functionality, troubleshoot server-installed applications and start and stop installed services.
- Perform Active Directory maintenance, which consists of the creation, modification and removal of user accounts, creation and removal of computer accounts, and creation or modification of groups and group membership.
- Support Citrix XenApp / Application virtualization, to include: publishing application, granting permission to applications, providing session management, modifying the availability of published resources, troubleshooting client connectivity issues, troubleshooting client performance issues and troubleshooting client printing issues.
- Create and modify group policies, apply policies to objects and troubleshoot group policies.
- Add and remove users to groups based on job function and audit user groups for changes, ensuring the appropriate level of access.
- Troubleshoot and solve User issues in a professional manner, or escalate in a timely manner bringing in other subject matter experts as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Technology or directly-related field is preferred. Bachelor’s or an Associate’s degree in a specified or directly-related field can substitute for some related experience.
- 10+ years of work experience in Computer/Information Technology or a directly-related field is required (6+ years with Bachelor’s degree in a specified or directly-related field; 8+ years with Associate’s degree in specified or directly-related field).
- Proficiency in the use of the full Microsoft Office suite – Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, and 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Knowledge of and skill in using:
- Virtual desktop/laptop or server hardware, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Windows 7 and associated software.
- Desktop peripherals such as multi-functional devices such as copier/scanner/fax combos as well as USB devices, etc.
- Basic local and network printer configuration and troubleshooting.
- Desktop security practices, including patching and updating the OS, security settings in the OS and in applications and anti-virus and anti-spy applications.
- MS Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory, domains and file permissions structure.
- Remote connectivity such as AnyConnect, Wireless, VPN & dial-up networking.
- A strong understanding of IT concepts and principles.
- A working knowledge of Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008R1/R2.
- A working knowledge of Citrix XenApp Server and Citrix XenApp Client.
- Experience supporting a virtualized application environment, including web, terminal services and click-once presentations.
- A working knowledge of Group Policy Objects.
- An understanding of Role-Based Access Security principles.
- A working knowledge of broad technical relationships (i.e. desktop to server, desktop to SAN, application system to database).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE67125914