Business Analyst 3
Portland, OR - Added Dec 19th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Business Analyst 3
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility company, is looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to their stellar team in Portland! This position will provide support to the Energy Efficiency Programs group, which promotes the efficient use of energy in the Pacific Northwest. In addition, this group administers the company's conservation acquisition contracts, provides technical and administrative support for the company’s market transformation activities, and produces and delivers energy efficiency programs, products, and services. This BA position will support the Sector Leads and other staff in the day to day operation of energy efficiency program implementation. If this role sounds of interest and aligns with your experience and career goals, apply today!
- Serve as primary technical expert for non-residential lighting including knowledge specific to non-residential lighting technology and overall program implementation.
- Provide customer service related to energy efficiency program implementation; track, record, and respond to phone calls or emails coming from internal stakeholders, customer utility staff, private utility Program Managers and 3rd-party implementation firms.
- Working under the direction of assigned Sector Leads, support refinement of, updates to, and development of programmatic-related content in the company Energy Efficiency Implementation Manual.
- Review Implementation Manual language and provide recommendations for updates.
- Work within the established measure development process to develop language for new measures.
- Coordinate across energy efficiency sectors to promote consistency where relevant and appropriate, e.g. in cross-sector heating and cooling technology-related measures.
- Collaborate across energy efficiency sectors and seek consensus on new or updated Implementation Manual content.
- As assigned, serve as Field Inspector to the Supply Chain COR (Contracting Officer’s Representative)Provide project management, coordination, tracking, and facilitate program continuous improvement:
- Create project plans: Working under the direction of assigned Sector Leads and or Program Managers draft the creation of actionable work plans necessary to support the implementation and implementation related activities (e.g. promotion and communication) of programs and initiatives within the commercial sector energy efficiency portfolio.
- Track project and program deliverables/milestones: Using project/program plans as a roadmap to track performance against pre-established milestones and timelines.
- Provide status updates to designated staff: Proactively communicate project progress to all impacted stakeholders as outlined in project communication plans.
- Strategize with Sector Lead, provide recommendations to correct problems, address barriers, and identify project/program performance improvement opportunities.
- Recommend course correction and mitigation options as needed
- Utilize a wide variety of department data, processing systems and software applications including Interim System 2.0 (IS2.0), Customer Contract Management (CCM), Customer Data Management (CDM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), MS Excel, and SharePoint, etc. to:
- Perform data mining, tracking, analysis and reporting functions;
- Conduct analysis of measure and project level data;
- Use data to provide expert opinions and recommendations to company programs.
Research and Analysis
- Conduct research and prepare reports, white papers and/or summaries on energy efficiency related subjects including:
- Program implementation findings reports using key program information such as project invoices, expenses and budgets, and reported kilowatt-hour savings.
- Program/project level potential for savings and costs
- Market status and trends & Emerging technologies
- Technical approaches & Data Analysis
- Program design concepts and related barriers
- Provide expert opinions and recommendations based on research findings.
- Conduct research and interview internal customers, end-users, stakeholders and other interested internal parties to gather and understand customer and/or end-user requirements. Analyze impacts and risks and present recommendations for company management and stakeholder’s consideration and approval.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, translate detailed information into management-level briefings, provide informed recommendations, and proactively incorporate findings and insights into project and change management plans, as appropriate.
- Support company Market Research team efforts by reviewing work plans and draft reports and providing written analysis as requested.
Collaboration and Communication
- Collaborate and communicate with a wide variety of internal technical and business experts, including the assigned Sector Lead and Project Manager (PM) in individual and group settings to assist and recommend project team requirements.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication regarding project/assignment status and concerns with appropriate parties, including the manager, Sector Lead, project manager, stakeholders, project team, etc. This may include using SharePoint for project documentation, coordination and tracking.
- Under direction of Sector Lead, assist in planning and carrying out the project or assignment.
- Present information and materials in meetings with internal and external customers:
- Draft and present technical content for and deliver webinars and presentations to utilities, trade allies, and internal staff.
- Develop and present information and/or proposals to a variety of audiences from company personnel to senior managers and executives, and obtain buy-in for the proposals.
- Associates degree in business administration, management, accounting, computer science or a related field is preferred. Associates degree may substitute for 2 years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, computer science, engineering or a related field is preferred. Bachelor’s degree can substitute for 4 years related experience.
- Related Experience – a minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is desired. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 12+ years’ experience is required. (8+ years with Bachelor’s Degree in a specified or closely-related field; 10+ years with Associate’s degree in specified or closely-related field).
- 5 years’ experience in project coordination and management.
- 7 years’ experience working in three or more of the following areas related to utility EE programs: lighting program implementation, lighting industry sales or management, lighting system design, HVAC program implementation, management of field teams, program marketing, building energy management, energy efficiency auditing for commercial or industrial businesses, systems commissioning, trade ally/installation contractor engagement, testing or promoting emerging technologies, conducting energy efficiency market research, developing program implementation scopes of work.
- Working knowledge of state energy codes and federal standards specific to lighting.
- 3 years’ experience using software-based EE tools, such as Excel-based lighting and HVAC savings calculators.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE1372121219