Quality Assurance Analyst
Portland, OR - Added Dec 6th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Quality Assurance Analyst
The Quality Assurance Analyst position supports large multi-year projects while also performing Operations and Maintenance key QA tasks such as test script development and execution, defect tracking, test coordination, test environment verification, and data quality management. This role is located in Portland and performs work for a well-known power company. The best fit for this position will excel in a team environment with collaborative work on technical solutions, and an approach for continuous process improvement and delivery of quality services. This team verifies reliable application source control, change management, and system support while maintaining quality standards and practices on projects and existing applications. This role integrates with IT teams such as infrastructure, Cyber Security, Application Development, and Operations, as well as clients across the agency. If this position sounds of interest, read further and consider applying today!
- Create, coordinate and execute manual and automated application tests.
- Facilitate, articulate and implement the quality assurance approach for the Quality Plan and the Product Test Plan, from review of requirements for the product’s use, as well as requirements defined in the company’s System Life Cycle which provides guidance for defining test scenarios and writing manual test scripts.
- Assist in the design and writing of tests which will be used in system integration, functional, and acceptance testing.
- Assist with the development of programmatic test plans, cases, scripts and related documentation for a complex, highly secure suite of Internet/intranet applications.
- Coordinate and facilitate test environments, testers and developers among multiple projects during the testing phase.
- Perform defect management to include inputting defects, updating status, determining severity, verifying fixes, and producing defect reports. QAs do not determine when solutions are delivered or the priorities of defects.
- Perform installation and unit testing to verify correct operation of an upgraded application
- Read and run compares on sanitized test databases using database skills either as XML, Oracle or SQL.
- Prepare time estimates, communicate resource requirements and provide timely progress reports to the program, project managers, and QA Lead.
- Provide presentations on testing deliverables, milestones and report on quality discrepancies.
- Help create Test Driven Development automated tests for production code.
- Use multiple methods such as Waterfall Modeling, Agile Modeling, and others to model and document test cases.
- Adapt to current industry QA standards and systems, and assist the manager in Policy development to align with them.
- Facilitate quality assurance objectives for assigned projects.
- Assist the QA manager in implementing QA goals and objectives.
- Develop/draft manual test scripts to support functional and non-functional testing.
- Identify problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Promote quality assurance activities associated with Agency Projects and Quality efforts as assigned.
- Recommend processes for the monitoring and review of standards for consistency and goal definition.
- Configure testing resources and tools to evaluate application functionality, integration, and performance.
- Promote the setting of quality objectives.
- Promote consistent use of terminology across projects/departments within the company.
- Additional Project-Specific Responsibilities:
- Verify that requirements are identified, clear, needed and testable.
- Attend project and requirement reviews and verification of test scripts.
- Review product interface specification.
- Help resolve requirement definition problems.
- Compare user needs to project requirements.
Interface with all necessary project personnel including Project Management, QA Lead, business analysts, and technical developers to verify compliance with the Quality Plan and Testing Methodology
- Review and recommend changes to Functional Requirements in the form of use cases and other testing documents.
- Perform technical writing.
- Facilitate portions of the project QA efforts to include performing manual functional QA testing and assisting other QA Testers.
- Identify problems and track them until they are resolved.
- Monitor project progress and provide reports on risks.
- Verify that Agency policies and procedures are followed.
- Identify risks as they are found.
- Review requirements with development staff to establish a “common” interpretation.
- Verify that activities are performed in accordance with plans, standards, and procedures.
- Facilitate and coordinate the creation of test requirements, plans, and manual test scripts by functional users and technical leads.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related technical field is preferred,
- In lieu of an applicable degree, an equivalent of 4 additional years of experience in Computer Technology or closely-related technical field (14+ year’s total) is required.
- 10+ years of demonstrated QA experience is required; 14+ years of demonstrated QA experience is required without a Bachelor’s degree as specified above.
- Experience should involve test methodology design and implementation, along with hands-on experience writing test plans, test cases, test data, and test database creation/sanitizing, problem tracking/resolution, coordinating test activities among multiple testers, and maintaining defect logs among other applied skills and knowledge.
- Experienced in a testing and defect management tool, such as TFS, to include the design of Releases, Requirement and Test hierarchies, and reports.
- Demonstrated experience using XML, Oracle or SQL for application integration, testing, and environmental compatibility.
- 5 years of experience leading a Quality Assurance Team.
- Demonstrated experience in aligning QA Strategy with software development activities and overall schedule, while supporting the SDLC.
- Experience leading QA effort for a vendor-supplied solution, either COTS, or vendor developed, on-site or in the cloud.
- Proficient in executing the test and validation activities of a large, complex project.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
- Advanced knowledge on the design and implementation of QA and testing methodologies in large complex systems using various development methodologies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE850653126