Administrative Services Assistant 3
Our client, one of the largest utility companies in the Pacific Northwest, is looking to hire a stellar Administrative Services Assistant. This full-time and twelve-month contracted role is located in Portland, OR and will provide a wide variety of professional and confidential administrative support to managers and other staff. The administrative assistant chosen for this position will be asked to work on several tasks at one time and needs to be comfortable with multiple interruptions and drive-by visits that may require a shift in focus. Some days are fast-paced and require high-energy performance while other days allow for thoughtful work. It is helpful to have an administrative assistant who responds to task requests as well as one who explores improvement to workflow and processes. This is a sensitive, confidential, highly visible position and requires the utmost in professional demeanor, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Provide a wide variety of confidential administrative/clerical tasks for the managers and staff for the assigned organization, managers and support staff.
- Greet and screen visitors; address questions and business involving established policy, take messages, set appointments and/or refer visitors to other company personnel as appropriate.
- Create, draft, edit, and proof documents, correspondence, research, and presentations using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Build, maintain and post Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations to SharePoint sites.
- Proof, review, and when applicable, draft, correspondence and documents prepared for manager signature and validate conformance of the established administrative policies and regulations, confirm proper coordination and timely compliance with assigned action.
- Provide recommendations and instructions to staff to maintain conformance with general policies and correspondence procedures.
- Attend meetings, record meeting minutes as requested, transcribe and disseminate as needed.
- Maintain a tracking system of action items to verify timely compliance with scheduled responses or actions. Coordinate and monitor work unit responses to time-critical documents; alert manager/personnel of any concerns or response delays.
- Serve as liaison between organizations, work units, and management support staff. Keep up to date on issues, priorities, and sensitivities affecting the work of the organization through consistent communication with the manager, frequent interaction with other managers, and outside contacts.
- Coordinate with and provide administrative guidance to lower-level contract support personnel; may delegate assignments to lower level contract administrative personnel at the request of the manager.
- Proactively coordinate managers’ daily Outlook calendars and schedules with full responsibility for scheduling and prioritizing Tier III and IV managers’ appointments, meetings, conferences and calendar:
- Designated as a proxy for the DOE performance management system. Coordinate and assist managers with development of annual managers’ and employees’ performance appraisal plans by assisting in implementing, completing, and tracking documentation management. Schedule and track to completion all managers’ and employees’ progress reviews, performing associated follow-up to obtain required signatures and approvals.
- Arrange travel (domestic, invitational and foreign), such as airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations, for Manager, Lead and staff as needed.
- Coordinate with managers and staff to facilitate Time & Attendance per established procedures
- Maintain the organizational SharePoint site including updating changes and adding new content.
- Assist staff members by attending special events in a support role, facilitating sign-in or registration processes or participating in outreach events to include public meetings, celebrations and/or dedications, fair and festival participation, Science Bowl or other STEM events.
- Assist manager in the reconciling of purchase card and convenience check statements in Asset Suite. This involves monitoring monthly receipts for purchased items, validating each receipt has the appropriate work order listed, developing a spreadsheet capturing the charges and work orders and entering data into the Asset Suite system (training required and offered).
- Maintain online tracking spreadsheets and calendars for staff: spreadsheets could include planning calendars, staff milestone lists, and project tracking lists.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree in Secretarial Science, Administrative Management or related field is preferred.
- 6 years of demonstrated administrative/clerical experience is required.
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Intermediate to advanced skills/experience with SharePoint sufficient to support, manage, edit and maintain site.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint or similar system preferred.