Audit Associate – Portland, OR/ Salem, OR
Our client is a nationally ranked Top 100 Accounting and Consulting firm with local offices in Anchorage, Seattle, Portland, Salem, Carlsbad and San Diego. They take great pride in supporting local communities, participating in firm-wide volunteer days, and using paid time off to work in organizations for which they have a personal passion. Our client understands how important audited financial statements are to businesses. They are looking for an energetic, innovative, and experienced Audit Associate to join their amazing team! This role will work on a variety of audits, reviews, and compilations from planning to completion. Candidates should have a desire to develop their skills in various areas of audit and provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Execute day-to-day activities of audit engagements of various clients
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to senior associates and managers
- Review and evaluate internal control systems and policies and procedures
- Interact with clients to help ensure and maintain productive information flow from client to the audit team
- Prepare audit planning documents, procedures and reports
- Develop a broad understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts
- Attend professional development and training
- Bachelor's degree and eligible to sit for CPA exam is required
- One to three years' experience in public accounting in audit and attest services is required
- General understanding of audit and attest services with knowledge of FASB and GAAP
- Ability and willingness to travel (out of the area and overnight)
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.