Portland, OR - Added Jan 28th, 2019Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Does working for an industry leading, highly reputable non-profit organization with a strong international presence sound like a career path you would be interested in exploring? This mission driven, locally established business is looking to hire a Enterprise Architect to serve as a trusted technical advisory for both their business and technical departments. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining architecture for enterprise business systems and partner-facing services offerings managed by the Corporate Technology team. In this role, you will work with executives business unit leaders and key stakeholders to understand long-term business plans and translate high level requirements to technology roadmaps. You will do so by developing designs with a focus on best practices enterprise integration scalability and minimization of technical debt. In this position, you will play a key role in evangelizing new and emerging technology enfolding those capabilities into roadmaps and high-level design. If this sounds like a position you are interested in pursuing and believe you will be successful in, then continue reading and please apply!
- Provide architectural leadership and guide the structure for creating new and maintaining the organizations existing system assets
- Architectural leadership for the design and implementation of major corporate systems
- Consult with executives, business unit leaders and stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives and corporate system design
- Develop technology roadmaps, standards and strategies; oversee their implementation
- Create and define a consistent architecture for corporate systems, integrations and access methods
- Provide continuity in major solution design decisions
- Advise on the use of emerging technology for maximizing business benefits; research, prototype, and document the organizations best practices using industry standards for new technology usage
- Evangelize and teach best practices, system design principles and adoption of new technology or techniques
- Recommend operational action necessary to manage technology debt
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Create systems architecture artifacts such as UML design models, conceptual and state diagrams, application program-to-program communication design, solution design principles, Data Flow Diagrams, whitepapers and Presentations
- Ensure system architecture meets internal and external policies and requirements for technical standards, security, scalability, operation, and support
- Assist in making build vs. buy decisions; coordinate with other business units in the organization to stay informed of packaged software implementations
- Document and understand systematized business rules in corporate business systems such as CRM, Finance, HR and Legal systems and ensure that integrations abide by company standards for secure data handling and security
- Support project teams
- Provide support to infrastructure, development, and operation teams for solving challenging technical problems through application of prototypes, core library development, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Provide mentoring on solution design, implementation, construction and development methodologies through one-on-one interaction, meetings, and brown bag sessions
- Participate in design and code reviews; assign priority of remediation
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization
- 5+ years related work experience
- Experience with business enterprise applications (HR systems, Sharepoint, Salesforce, Finance systems
- Strong Soft Skills. They will be interacting with a lot of internal stakeholders and needs to be comfortable with non-tech environments
- Ideal candidate will be someone who’s been an architect for an organization that has gone through a growth phase
- Needs to be comfortable getting their hands dirty and helping out beyond just laying out the architecture.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience in lieu of degree
- Deep experience in solving scalability, reliability and robustness challenges
- Experience implementing SOA (micro services, event based systems) and loosely coupled architecture
- Strong experience with integration technology stacks and relevant standards including SAML, OAuth, REST and application frameworks such as Spring/Hibernate or .NET
- Strong experience with high availability data technologies (multi-data center, stateless architecture, load balanced, queuing and caching systems)
- Strong leadership with a desire to collaborate and provide mentorship
- Knowledge of integration and interoperability with Microsoft technologies.
- Experience with developing solutions using utilizing on-premise and cloud technology.
- Ability to communicate well with upper management, business stakeholders, development teams, product managers, project managers, and partners
- Ability to work under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment while developing and maintaining long term supportive relationships
- Experience architecting and developing highly scalable, secure enterprise software
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: KS752948128