PAS Resource Manged Care Coordinator
PAS Resource Managed Care Coordinator
Portland’s largest hospital is seeking a Patient Access Specialist to join their Multi-Specialty Procedural Unit! This position is responsible for gathering and recording required information about patients, and providing customer service. They will support the practice by providing superior customer service in a busy, fast-paced environment through prompt and professional communication, excellent problem-solving skills, and functioning as a team member to the other staff.
- Gathers and records required information about patients; provides specific customer service, which includes: scheduling physician office, cancer treatment appointments, and ancillary appointments, and assisting patients in an office or practice setting.
- Responsible for checking patients in and out; confirming health insurance coverage and individual’s obligations, collecting co-pays; arranging labs; scheduling new and follow-up patient appointments, answering phones, and opening/closing clinic
- Responsible for verifying patient eligibility and securing referral/authorization prior to the outpatient appointment or inpatient admission.
- Greets patients over the phone. This includes, but is not limited to, careful review of insurance benefits and demographic information, confirming insurance eligibility, and/or authorization, checking patient account numbers and corrects any problems, seeking advice from Central Registration as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly desired.
- 1 year experience in a medical office setting, including high-volume direct point contact, scheduling of appointments and obtaining managed care authorizations is required.
- Thorough knowledge of PAS policies and procedures is required.
- Demonstrated previous experience using EPIC, including Cadence, EARL and surgery scheduling is required.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in confrontational customer interactions is required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, prioritize workload, meet deadlines and meet urgent patient, physician and system needs is required.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Status MM4474291128