Human Resources Manager
Hillsboro, OR - Added Nov 9th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Human Resources Manager
Are you interested in working for the leading home improvement services company in the western United States? Do you love combining personal care with innovative technologies and have previous human resource generalist or management experience? If so, please consider reading further and applying for this awesome opportunity.
This role will be responsible for assisting with all areas of human resources including payroll, benefits, worker’s compensation, safety, training and development, employee relations, and compliance. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, adaptable, and dependable. Candidates must also be very comfortable operating in a dynamic, constantly changing environment while possessing the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of demographics within the construction industry.
Human Resources Manager Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all functional areas of HR, such as maintaining personnel records, training, compliance with state and federal laws, employee relations, talent management, compensation, and retention.
- Develops and maintains communication and recognition programs and activities designed to increase employee engagement and enhance employee-organization relationships. These activities may include social activities, service awards, attendance awards, and operational or commercial milestone celebrations.
- Assists with managing company benefits plans and programs, which will include conducting annual open enrollment meetings, ensuring employees are properly educated on plan offerings, and enrollments are completed for each eligible employee.
- Coordinates new hire orientation and assimilation and/or on-boarding activities as well as training not related to new hires.
- Assists with the administration of the Workers' Compensation program. Ensures the prompt and proper filing of claims. Acts as liaison between insurance companies.
- Assist with employee services/ counseling and organizational departmental planning
- Designs, implements, and administers human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbook and/or meetings. Ensures policies and procedures are applied fairly and consistently by front-line supervisors and managers and updated accordingly.
- Maintain historical human resource records via a filing and retrieval system; managing past and current records.
- Assisting with additional duties and projects as needed.
Human Resources Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelors/Associates Degree in HR, minimum of 3+ years recent experience in an HR Generalist/ Manager capacity.
- Previous experience working within Construction or related industry preferred.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA.
- Working knowledge of labor laws as they relate to the workplace (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.)
- Extremely Self-motivated/directed.
- Ability to build relationships and create consensus
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Working knowledge of HRIS and/or timekeeping systems.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: NM848904118