Operations Analyst 2
Vancouver, WA - Added Dec 7th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Operations Analyst 2
A local utility company is looking for an Internal Operations Analyst to provide support and guidance to their Internal Operations team. The team provides control center technical oversight for planned outages, Automatic Generation Control, Balancing Authority operations, Remedial Action Schemes, disturbance monitoring, and event reporting. They also plan and develop Operations Procedures and technical expertise for NERC and WECC Compliance standards; programmatic oversight for the development, tracking, scheduling, coordination and process support for technical training of System Operations personnel is also supported by this team. This is a fast-paced organization that directly supports the reliable operation of over 15,000 miles of high voltage transmission. The team is collaborative and focused on delivering its core mission of delivering power to load safely and reliably. Successful candidates are organized, adaptable, responsive and approachable.
- Create/draft internal and external compliance reports for NERC, FERC, WECC, NWPP
- Collaborate and coordinate with the appropriate Subject Matter Expert in the development/draft and preparation of compliance violation self-reports and mitigation plans.
- Interview SME’s to gather information on automated systems, system behaviors and work processes that support the reliable operation of the company's system.
- Analyze, model and document/draft processes and procedures utilized or to be utilized by the work groups.
- Draft and provide recommendations to the manager on change management plans and their implementation; provide implementation assistance which may include the draft of job aids, job procedure documentation and updates to process mapping documents.
- Draft technical documents containing business rules and requirements.
- Create management reporting tools that track, document and communicate the progress of work unit related activities and projects to determine the quality and timeliness of assignments.
- Review, revise, and edit organizational documentation as needed to validate successful systems operation performance.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the appropriate Subject Matter Experts in the development/draft and preparation of training program documents such as Individual Learning Plans, On-the-Job Training Practical Factor Cards, Training Needs Analysis, Job Task Analysis, Training Facilitator Guides, Training Evaluation forms, and sub-team training program guides.
- Build training plans, desk references, user / educational materials and reporting tools for use by specific sub-teams within Transmission System Operations.
- Perform audio/video recording, editing, and cataloging of training sessions and other assigned audio/video work.
- Populate and maintain organizational SharePoint Training site with Training Program libraries, individual learning plans, Manager reports, individual learner reports, cataloged training courses, and other appropriate training materials and documentation. Provide manager with recommendations for further automating training program and implement those improvements when Manager approval is received.
- Provide training on workflows, methodologies and tools related to Technical Operations as requested.
- Track and report training scores to management, for formal technical training of Operational Support Personnel.
- Draft new and review and edit existing technical documents that clarify ambiguous language or instructions and that result in accurate system controls that function as planned.
- Coordinate efforts among various technical teams charged with improving transmission business operations, scheduling, congestion management, integration of wind resources, and/or other matters affecting transmission operations.
- Maintain SharePoint Site including development, population, and administration. SharePoint site updates may necessitate updates to other associated/related sites and/or systems (i.e. Resolver).
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Business Systems, Organizational Development or a related technical discipline is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Systems, Organizational Development or a related technical discipline is preferred.
- With an Associate ’s degree in applicable fields
- : 7+ years directly related experience is required.
- With a Bachelor ’s degree in applicable fields: 5+ years directly related experience is required.
- No degree: 9+ years of directly related experience is required.
- A minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is required. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business and operations analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 2 Years compliance and/or audit support experience.
- Expert level/mastery of Excel, including Pivot Tables, Charting & Reporting
- Previous training program development and tracking experience
- Experience with the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation) training model
- Experience with Camtasia and Adobe Captivate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE932275126