Renton, WA - Added Feb 11th, 2019Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Our client, a reputable hospital in the Renton area, is looking to add a Human Resource Service Coordinator to their team! This is a 6-8 month role that will support the HRSC Operations team in day to day onboarding activities. This role will provide transactional assistance and high-level customer service to internal and external customers throughout the hiring process. If this role aligns with your career goals and sounds of interest, please read further and consider applying today.
- Responsible for assisting in day to day operational support, including but not limited to, scanning, monitoring candidate phone/email, limited onboarding tasks such as 48-hour calls and organizing files.
- Responds to all candidate requests in a timely manner and strives to ensure a positive experience for all candidates throughout the pre-hire process.
- Responds to routine questions from applicants, employees, and TA managers and recruiters, including researching appropriate information when requested and appropriate.
- Delivers high-level customer service to all internal and external customers
- Works with HRSC Advisors and Supervisors to ensure employment process compliance.
- Actively supports and incorporates the mission and core values into all Human Resources processes and daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others.
- Demonstrates service excellence and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with others, including candidates, patients, families, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers and community members, to maximize productivity and positive relations.
- Assures integrity and consistency of systems, processes and policies, and achievement of customer service expectations.
- Promotes sensitivity with cultural and religious beliefs and directly supports and promotes hiring a diverse workforce.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining departmental quality management program in accordance with organizational guidelines which exceed community standards
- Assures compliance with confidentiality policies. In accordance with State and Federal laws, maintains confidentiality of employee, patient, and business related information
- Ability to multi-task; should be comfortable performing multiple tasks at once
- Experience with phone customer service and candidate correspondence
- Ability to effectively communicate with various stakeholders and staff at different levels
- Knowledge of state compliance processes and confidentiality policies preferred
- PHR certification preferred
- Previous work experience in a human resource environment preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE607143211