Systems Administrator III
Portland, OR - Added Dec 4th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Systems Administrator III
Our client, a local healthcare company, is seeking to add an experienced Systems Administrator to their team in Portland. This role will participate in a team environment for the installation, upgrades, testing, and maintenance of new and existing computer systems, operating systems, and/or software applications. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work. This role will primarily support a security tool that is used to manage access to a claims system. This consists of SQL databases, daily batch processes that manage changes between databases, and a .NET UI application. Secondary responsibilities will be cross-training to support other security tool platforms. If this exciting role sounds of interest, apply today!
- Installs and configures computing systems and/or support software in support of business processes and objectives.
- May be accountable for researching and solving highly complex software issues and collaborates with vendors and other support teams in regards to product or Infrastructure problems.
- Perform hardware installation and configuration; operating system and support software installation, upgrade, and patches; performance tuning; and documentation.
- Research, analyze and submit analysis and recommendations for software development, enhancement, replacement or purchase. This individual may lead project teams based on experience and knowledge.
- Administers the integration of licensed and/or in-house developed applications and writing programs and/or scripting to integrate with other systems.
- Participates in the research and estimating of proposed work.
- Responsible for initiating process and system improvements and monitoring industry trends
- Provides support and coordination in the effective administration of computing systems and support software.
- Directs and takes actions to ensure maximum systems availability
- Provides technical training to team or Business partners through training sessions.
- Acts as a consultant to manage, configure, implement, monitor, identify, diagnose, resolve problems and perform analysis in relation to the integrated IT environment and software.
- Prepares and/or directs program, system, operational and User documentation.
- Focuses on the operational activities that ensure maximum availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field. Appropriate additional experience beyond the minimum required experience may be substituted for education.
- Five years experience in the implementation, operations, development and maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of Software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments.
- Highly proficient understanding of design, implementation and sustainment activities of Information Technology systems.
- Experience with infrastructure management techniques such as change management, problem management, release management, configuration management and/or system lifecycle.
- Strong understanding in MS and/or UNIX environment including common suites and core business applications.
- Strong understanding of the appropriate environments for assigned applications.
- Ability to develop efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving light to medium complex business problems.
- Ability to automate tasks and document them for others to use; take direction from others.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve system performance problems or outages.
- Technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to upgrade hardware operating system software and third-party software.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and document medium to large product upgrades.
- Demonstrated ability to lead Disaster Recovery team, including scripting and testing for operating systems, third-party software and storage recovery.
- Experience in project management techniques and the ability to lead projects to a timely successful outcome
- Strong ability to project/forecast time allocation for project completion.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers and all levels of management both verbally and written.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE328709124