PS - Patient Access Specialist
OHSU – Patient Access Specialist (588005)
Patient Access Specialist Position Overview:
Portland’s largest hospital is seeking a Patient Access Specialist to join their team! This position is responsible for gathering and recording required information about patients, and providing customer service. They will support the practice by providing scheduling, insurance verification and authorization for multiple ancillary services.
Patient Access Specialist Requirements:
- Schedule outpatients, make bed reservations, as needed and use the VIP system for patient transport, as needed, for the following diagnostic tests.
- Establish and maintains Epic schedules based on workflows and resolves errors in scheduling and HAR creation.
- Manages patient flow for studies by receiving requests for service via hospital and clinic order entry process. Must triage patients to accommodate emergency studies.
- Provides training to PAS Specialists scheduling in Respiratory Care provider schedules.
- Backs up the Admin Coordinator in Respiratory Care for payroll, scheduling and calls.
Patient Access Specialist Qualifications:
Epic Cadence Certification is desired.
MS Office Certifications is desired.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Status MM81328212