Portland, OR - Added Dec 12th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
This is a mid-level, hands-on technical role with an advertising technology software company in Portland, Oregon with a software development team providing technical and process leadership and helping to build a motivating, productive engineering culture. You’ll work to modernize both the underlying development tools and approaches as well as to build industry-leading media buying and analytics tools. This role will have high visibility and a great opportunity to have a real impact on the future direction of both companies’ technology efforts. If this role sounds of interest and aligns with your experience and career goals, please read further and consider applying today!
- Develop credibility and trust with a diverse group of developers
- Leverage your broad-based experience to advise developers on options and considerations across a wide a variety of business cases.
- Get your hands dirty alongside your team, from bugs to prototypes.
- Propose new and interesting approaches and architectures to long-standing performance and usability issues.
- Perform code reviews and share feedback in an empathetic and constructive manner.
- Demonstrate humility balanced with clarity and decisiveness when needed.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of technology and a willingness to learn continuously.
- You’ve written code in multiple languages and understand and can communicate the costs and benefits of each.
- Comfortable working in a cloud-first development approach including some combination of containers, serverless, and the various ways to integrate XaaS.
- You’re open to different ways of doing things and accepting when they’re better… or not.
- You continue to learn about emerging technologies, languages, and processes and share your findings with the team.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional development experience and two years of leadership.
- You’ve led teams of two to ten. You enjoy mentoring and advising.
- Empathetic and emotionally intelligent. You value collaboration over being right.
- Solid understanding and proficiency with git and other standard dev tools.
- Ability to work in and help lead an agile development process.
- Experience developing in a cloud-first environment (e.g., containers, serverless, XaaS) and migrating legacy systems to the cloud.
- Plusses include experience or knowledge of machine learning, Spark, and devops including configuration-as-code, monitoring, and deployment processes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE540401212