Contract Acquisition Specialist/Administrator
Portland, OR - Added Nov 19th, 2018Apply For this Opportunity Back to Results
Contract Acquisition Specialist/Administrator
This exciting role works within one the Pacific Northwests' leading utility companies and is centrally located in Portland. This position will provide day-to-day support to Contracting Officers with documentation, draft & preparation for solicitations, contracts and master contract releases, assist with market research and interface with internal clients on statement of work and project timeline questions and clarifications, as well as external vendors on questions related to the company's established procurement process. This position will gather, collect, receive, organize, monitor and track multiple procurement actions, documents and contracts and releases on behalf, in support and under the guidance of one of the group’s COs.
- Gather, review, draft and/or edit contract documents, including the Document of Award Decision (DAD)
- Research legal, contract information, company information, etc.
- Draft communication/letters (e.g. correspondence to vendors, internal email etc.)
- Provide assistance on drafting solicitation documentation for review and approval by CO
- Assist in developing blanket purchase agreement/task order documents
- Assist in Contract closeout documentation by coordinating between the vendor, end user, and the COR, validating all services are complete and all invoices have been received/paid. Submit to the CO a close-out checklist.
- Perform price analysis and make recommendations based upon that analysis
- Provide assistance in developing statements of work (SOWs)
- Conduct market research as requested or directed
- As requested, assist COs, Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs), managers and clients across company in procurement planning activities such as suggesting purchase methods, identifying potential contract types, and assisting in risk identification.
- Assist the Contracting Officer (CO) with contractor and client meetings which includes:
- Making meeting room and time arrangements;
- Sending out meeting invites;
- Rescheduling as necessary;
- Compiling any necessary background materials;
- Taking, transcribing and distributing meeting notes, etc.
- Issue solicitation packages as directed by CO.
- Process award decisions per established procedure and as directed by CO
- Review (not inspect) Contractor performance and provide information/recommendation to CO
- Use skill set to provide cross-training to the team as requested by manager. Training is OTJ via one-on-one sessions or participation in group brown-bag sessions. Training, both giving and receiving will be limited to the individual execution of BPA specific processes, documentation requirements and use of systems.
- Develop/draft and recommend methods, approaches and best practices to achieve procedural and process consistency for the group, specifically for training purposes. This activity may include observing different work streams that could be made more efficient, encouraging the use of templates, and standardization of documentation. Assist with the implementation of management approved recommendations, including input into change management approach and plans. This includes execution and use of new process/templates as well as communicating new requirements or processes to internal business partners.
- Respond to customer requests by gathering and providing information on established contract and solicitation processes.
- Take, transcribe, draft and distribute and file (as appropriate) meeting notes for team(s), the group and contracting officers (COs), assisting in documenting discussions and decisions.
- Attend meetings as needed, create real-time documents and meeting notes based on direction from the team, including any follow-up action items for team members and vendors; distribute approved meeting notes as requested. May require tracking action items for completion; alerting manager or CO of any delays, issues or concerns.
- Participate in the improvement process by drafting and recommending new or revised procedures, processes and practices for management consideration; assist with implementation of management approved improvement initiatives. This includes execution and use of new process/templates as well as communicating new requirements or processes to internal business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in any field, however, Bachelor’s degree in Supply and Logistics Management is highly preferred;
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, candidate must have completed at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management (resume content must validate minimum 24 semester hours in the fields listed to qualify for this position – see following “Note”).
- Note: resume must include a list of the specific classes being claimed as "qualifying", including a list of specific semester hours for each class and the name of the education institution where the classes were taken (for example, Courses taken at Clark College: Accounting 101 - 3 semester hours; Accounting 102 - 3 semester hours, etc.). Please provide a crosswalk or reference in the education/experience portion of the qualifications matrix that points back to the coursework info provided in the resume.
- Bachelor’s degree can substitute for some related experience (see related experience below).
- Related Experience – a minimum combination of directly-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is desired. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Service procurement with an emphasis in federal procurement (the Federal Acquisition Regulations or FAR) and/or other public sector procurement preferred. Proposal preparation or buying experience performed in a private company is also acceptable.
- Minimum Experience Requirements – Level 2 position:
- 3-5 years directly-related Service procurement experience is required (with 24 semester hours of study as detailed above); or
- 2-4 years directly-related Service procurement experience is required (with Bachelor’s degree).
- Professional or IT Services procurement experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: AE5789061119