Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst Position Overview:
A large hospital in Portland is looking to add a Business Intelligence Analyst to their team! This person will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the technology-based services and solutions which enable this company to effectively manage the information to accomplish its missions.
Business Intelligence Analyst Responsibilities:
- This position will be responsible for ensuring that information in both vendor-supplied data warehouse systems (Cognos) and the company proprietary systems are available to line-of-business users.
- The ability to practice discretion and exercise confidentiality.
- Support members of the team in ensuring that users can determine what data is available in data systems, how to access reports and information, how key metrics are defined an analysis is performed and standards for presentation and use of information.
Business Intelligence Analyst Qualifications:
One of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and six years work related experience in information technology is required.
- Associate’s degree in business or computer science or related field and seven years’ work related experience in the information technology field is required.
- Eight years’ work related experience in the information technology field is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3 years of experience applying advanced MS SQL server knowledge in the use of SSIS, T SQL and data base object definition is required.
- 3 years designing, developing, implementing, and optimizing Oracle PL/SQL solutions are required.
- 3 years of supporting and maintain a Data Warehouse and associated ETL in a MS SQL Server data base is required.
- Experience leading requirements gathering sessions and documenting associated business requirements is required.
- Knowledge of data warehousing architecture. Ability to read, write and maintain T SQL, define and maintain, MS SQL Server database objects are required.
- Demonstrate Core Competencies as established for your position (Leading Self, Leading Others, Leading Leaders, Leading Function) is required.
- Experience working as an MS SQL Server Data Base Administrator is highly desired.
- Epic Clarity Experience is highly desired.
- 2 years in a data warehouse environment utilizing Epic Healthcare Data and Research Data is highly desired.
- Proficiency working with Apache Hadoop based open-source tools such as Hive, Spark, HBase is highly desired.
- Experience in a research or academic health care environment is highly desired.
- Experience with HIPPAA and PHI compliance is highly desired.
- MS SQL Server Developer Certification is highly desired.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Vets/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Status MM129867220