Associate Internal Auditor
Our client, a manufacturing company in Portland, Oregon is seeking an Associate Internal Auditor. This position requires experience related to internal auditing standards, audit procedures, work paper preparation, and report writing. You will have opportunities to work directly with management to identify and recommend improvements that bring value, enhance financial and operational control, and prevent potential monetary loss.
Key Responsibilities for Associate Internal Auditor:
- Plan, execute, and report results of financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Perform risk assessments to identify existing and emerging risks to the Company.
- Evaluate business process design and test financial, anticorruption, and antifraud controls to ensure the control environment is effective.
- Work with the Company’s external auditors to examine and assess the reliability and integrity of financial information.
- Learn from experienced managers to build audit skills and develop an in-depth understanding of the business.
- Be engaged, productive, driven, and flexible to changing conditions and expectations.
- Collaborate with and support other members of the Internal Audit team.
- Apply professional standards including Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IIA).
- Be willing to travel periodically, up to 10% annually.
Requirements/Qualifications for Associate Internal Auditor:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or similar business discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years audit experience, preferably in public accounting or internal audit.
- CPA/CIA certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of accounting and auditing.
- Proven ability to perform risk assessments, propose project scopes, develop focused test plans to meet audit objectives, and create clear, well organized workpapers.
- Previous experience with Sarbanes-Oxley control testing.
- Effective project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Talent for learning quickly and understanding complicated processes and procedures.
- Independent self-motivated worker able to plan, organize, and manage time efficiently.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to conduct yourself in a manner to gain the respect and confidence of employees at all levels from staff to senior management.
- Tactful and able to manage confidential and sensitive materials and information.
What We Offer:
- Hybrid work schedule, Monday, and Wednesday in office.
- Challenging work and a chance to grow in a dynamic environment.
- Collaborative work setting with a supportive team.
- 15 vacation/sick time days annually, accruing up to 30 days based on length of service.
- 10 paid holidays, including 1 floating holiday.
- 8 hours volunteer time off annually.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- 4 weeks paid parental leave.
- 4% 401(k) company contribution match.
- Professional license/certification assistance and maintenance.
- Diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups.
- Wellness program with WebMD.
- Newly renovated on-site exercise facility.
- Assistance with public transportation and downtown parking.
- Generous employee/family discounts with most cell phone providers, and corporate negotiated rates on hotels, rental vehicles, office supplies.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.