Our client, a manufacturing leader in Portland, Oregon is seeking an Accounting Clerk.
Key Responsibilities for Accounting Clerk:
- Managing period-end close for the steel mill. Successful close management requires coordination with operations personnel and the Corporate Accounting team.
- Reviewing and approving journal entries and account reconciliations with emphasis on compliance with GAAP, SOX, and internal policies and procedures. May require preparing journal entries as needed.
- Coordinating and sometimes leading production cost review meetings with steel mill management.
- Reviewing flux analysis and cash flow statement.
- Oversight of daily invoicing for finished steel sales with emphasis on revenue recognition standards.
- Building relationships with our joint venture partners and reviewing the quarterly memo distributed to Senior Leadership.
- Reviewing and/or preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual census surveys.
- Participating in the external and internal audit process and ensuring support provided to auditors is timely and accurate.
- Management of an Accounting Supervisor and Staff Accountant, providing guidance and direction as needed to encourage engagement and development.
- Actively participating in building a culture of continuous improvement.
Requirements/Qualifications for Accounting Clerk:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- 7+ years of accounting experience, with a minimum of 2 years direct management of accounting staff.
- Manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accrual-based accounting. Inventory accounting experience is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel software and ERP systems (preferably Oracle).
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage, build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Willingness to challenge conventional thinking for the betterment of the company.
- Capable of thriving in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Prepared to operate at all levels (no task is beneath you), stay connected to the details, audit frequently, and exercise skepticism when metrics and anecdote differ.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.