Front Office Assistant
Front Office Assistant
Our client, a local non-profit organization focused on delivering excellent, equitable education to underserved children, their families and their communities is looking for a Front Office Assistant to join their Portland, OR. team. In this role the Front Office Assistant will provide technical and project support for the administration of the school. Excellent time management and organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task. The Front Office Assistant will be the first point of contact for students, parents, and team members, creating a warm and welcoming environment honoring the mission and values of the school!
Duration: 6-month, contract to hire!
Payrate: $17.00 /hr. - $19.00/hr. DOE
Location: Onsite, Portland, OR.
Schedule: 7:30AM-4:30PM or 8AM-5PM
Responsibilities of Front Office Assistant:
- Responsible for opening doors, answering phones, checking multiple emails, checking voicemails, and returning calls.
- Support the management and tracking information in multiple databases.
- Assist and support ongoing projects from team including managing and scheduling meetings/appointments, copying, scanning, collating, mailing, and booking of the conference room.
- Respond to email communication in timely and accurate manner.
- Ordering of office supplies inventory and maintenance.
- Responsible for producing, printing, and organizing and distributing paperwork as needed.
- Onsite Student Support: basic first aid, health screens, administer medication as needed, and maintain the extra clothes supply.
- Assist with student awards and recognitions for habits of success and attendance.
- Support purchase and tracking of paperwork, inventory, and daily reconciliation of cash.
- Supporting coordination and needs for student outreach via bus & bus service.
- Supporting administrative tasks to support student enrollment, student recruitment, Community Action Sessions, events, and campaigns.
- Assist with student and family communications around health, events and logistics as needed.
- Support ambassador application process: onboarding, communication, paperwork, and trainings for all ambassadors, accessing Help Counter and recording hours.
- Assist with entering and maintaining all student attendance and information in Synergy, School Pass & all internal databases.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Support tracking and issuing of ID badges for students, ambassadors & families.
- Support registering staff and ambassadors for compliance trainings.
Requirements of Front Office Assistant:
- Minimum one year of experience working in office, nonprofit, and/or community organization setting.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficient in the use of office equipment / machinery.
- Current Food Handlers Card and CPR/First Aid Certificate are a plus!
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PB / #10459