Vice President of Talent Strategy & Planning and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Vice President of Talent Strategy & Planning and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Job Location: Broomfield, CO or Remote from one of the states in which Vail Resorts operates*
Compensation: Range at $210,000-230,000 (will commensurate based on experience) + annual bonus + equity
Motus Recruiting and Staffing is proud to partner with Vail Resorts in its executive search for a Vice President of Talent Strategy & Planning and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
About Vail Resorts:
We are the leading global mountain resort operator with more than 40 resorts in 16 states and four countries—including some of the world’s most iconic destinations as well as travel-centric retail and hospitality businesses. Our mission is simple – to provide an Experience of a Lifetime for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide an Experience of a Lifetime for our guests.
Vail Resorts’ Values:
As a values-driven company, we hold ourselves accountable for living these foundational values every day:
- Be Safe: Be committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and guests.
- Be Inclusive: Welcome everyone to our company, resorts and communities—include all races, gender identities, sexual orientations, abilities and other differences.
- Do Good: Preserve our natural environments and contribute to the success of our local communities.
- Do Right: Act with integrity – always do the right thing, knowing it leads to the right outcome.
- Drive Value: Grow profit through smart and innovative business practices.
- Have Fun: Fun is our product – create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit.
- Serve Others: Take ownership of opportunities to assist our employees and guests, elevating their experiences.
Through the three EpicPromise pillars, everything we do is built upon the promise of bringing together the mountains, our communities, employees, and guests to ignite a passion for the outdoors, conserve the natural environment and support our local communities for a sustainable future. Vail Resorts’ EpicPromise includes:
Commitment to Zero
- Achieve zero net emissions by 2030, with 50 percent progress toward this goal by 2025.
- Achieve zero waste to landfill by 2030 and increase waste diversion to 50 percent by the end of 2020.
- Achieve zero net operating impact on forests and habitat by 2030 by planting or restoring an acre of forest for every acre of forest displaced by our operations from FY 2017 onward.
- Promote the health and sustainability of our resort communities through multi-faceted and localized support.
EpicPromise Employee Foundation
- Support our team with educational scholarships and emergency relief grants
Learn more and read our most recent annual EpicPromise progress report at EpicPromise.com.
For more information about who we are, visit Vail Resorts’ website at VailResorts.com.
Position Description for the Vice President of Talent & Planning and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
The Vice President of Talent Strategy & Planning and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is responsible for developing and executing the enterprise talent management strategy that elevates the employee experience and builds a diverse leadership pipeline to drive growth and profitability at Vail Resorts. In this role, you will focus on shaping and leading the enterprise DEI strategy and outcomes to achieve our company growth objectives and utilizing talent insights and organization data to craft thoughtful, inclusive, and progressive talent management solutions to support our people and programs. This will include involvement in a range of strategic initiatives including design and implementation of talent management practices in context of the organization's strategic goals and growth ambition. This role will build and lead a high-performing team of 7 talent management and DEI professionals.
Essential Functions of the Vice President of Talent & Planning and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
- Demonstrate values-driven leadership and build an inclusive and empowering team culture.
- Design, champion and lead DEI leadership and culture change programs to achieve business goals.
- Lead all efforts related to strategy, design, and delivery of integrated talent management programs/processes for the enterprise.
- Enterprise?Talent Management?architecture, enabled by data-driven talent insights, connected across all touchpoints in our talent management system, process and tools.
- Collaborate with colleagues across HR to ensure seamless incorporation of DEI principles into core talent and culture programs.
- Leadership Attributes that define leadership potential for success at Vail Resorts, in order to elevate the overall leadership talent pipeline, today and for the future.
- Leadership competencies to be differentiated by career stage to guide individual development priorities.
- Objective assessment, process, and tools to ensure development at scale to build a robust, diverse leadership pipeline.
- Evaluate and support program best practices to ensure there is enterprise-wide adoption, knowledge sharing and consistency.
- Leads design and execution of best-in-class, inclusive Talent solutions, such as: Leadership Talent Review, Performance Management, Assessment and Selection, Talent Analytics, Engagement and Retention, Internal Talent Pools.
- Designs effective and efficient communications to keep all stakeholders connected, informed, and on track with talent program solutions.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Vail Resorts policies, code of ethics, mission, vision, and values.
The most successful candidates have the following traits and competencies:
- Thinks strategically, applying business insights to formulate and drive Talent solutions that achieve organizational effectiveness.
- Champion awareness for and understanding why Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a differentiator for Vail Resorts.
- Makes informed decisions and measures the ROI of talent investments through the use of data and analytics.
- Proactive approach to developing a robust and diverse talent pipeline for the future.
- Able to design talent solutions for all levels of maturity.
- Confidence to have a strong point of view and express it even if it proves unpopular.
- An ability to build long-term, trusting relationships with cross functional partners.
- Supports the professional growth and development of employees across all levels of the organization.
- Champions the culture, while embracing regional and cultural differences in working styles.
- Strong learning agility.? Enjoys and excels in environments where they must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in their own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.?
Vice President of Talent & Planning and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Qualifications:
Education, Experience & Training
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred, not required.
- Minimum 10 years HR experience with 2 years high-level Talent Management or HR business partner experience.
- Experience defining talent program requirements and using data to inform processes and strategy preferred, not required.
- Experience delivering cross functional projects and leveraging HR technology, program and/or project management.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Business and Financial Acumen.
- Relationship management.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion awareness, experience designing DEI talent programs a plus.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain composure under pressure and a professional and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills necessary to manage multiple assignments in a rapidly changing environment.
*Remote work is currently permitted from British Columbia and the 16 U.S. states in which we operate. This includes: California, Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc.:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national orientation, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.