SW Data Engineer
SOFTWARE DATA ENGINEER
Our client, a local nonprofit organization focused on elevating education worldwide, is looking for Software Data Engineer for their Portland, OR location. The Software Data Engineer will focus on helping build high quality reliable, accurate, consistent, and architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our client’s data business needs. This individual may be called upon to fulfill functions related to software development that are not specifically software programming, such as requirements gathering, producing documentation, quality assurance testing, data validation, and leading feature development.
This position is a 12 month contract (with the possibility of extending and/or converting) and is fully remote. Only candidates who reside in the United States will be considered.
Responsibilities for the Software Data Engineer:
- Participate in the design, prototype, and implementation of cloud data platforms data processing, data transformation, orchestration, and related applications
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality in the pipeline
- Support and advise internal teams on how to integrate multiple sources of data into the data platform
- Collaborate with quality engineers to resolve software defects, advise on building test automation and capture data quality metrics
- Collaborate with project architects and assist team members to prove the validity of new software technologies
Requirements for the Software Data Engineer:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 2-4 years of progressive experience in a software development environment in high growth technology companies
- Proven experience with multiple completed projects with significant, clearly attributable individual design and implementation contributions.
- Proven experience working across multiple tiers of an application, including a database, network, operating system, and containers.
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Fluency in SQL and database technologies
- Fluency in one or more programming languages including Node.js, Angular, Java/Python
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS and Data Platform experience: S3, Kinesis, Dynamo, RDS,
- Demonstratable knowledge in data quality test frameworks
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AG / BH 10489