Sr. User Experience Designer
Sr. UX Designer
Our client, a local nonprofit organization focused on elevating education worldwide, is looking for a Sr UX Designer for their Portland, OR location. In this role, you will employ proven user-centered design methodologies with a focus on diversity and inclusion to identify and define targeted audience segments, their goals, tasks, and criteria for success within a product area. You will organize content into user- centric categories, create navigational structures and relevant UX artifacts, and determine interface requirements that support the task and information needs of our partners. You will provide mentorship and oversight of the day-to-day work produced by the UX Designer role. This position works closely with other District Design Leads, UX Designers, Product Managers, and agile team members to design the overall functionality of our products.
Status: Direct Hire
Key Responsibilities for Sr UX Designer:
- Lead the design of user experiences in accordance with best practices, inclusive design, and accessibility concepts to satisfy partner and business requirements.
- Own the overall end-to-end user experience—from the big picture (owning the overall user experience and consistency across an entire product) down to the specifics of UI layout for a feature or service flow.
- Work closely with business analysts, UX researchers, product managers, and partner user groups to ensure that UX requirements and objectives are met.
- Participate in user research, plan, and conduct UX workshops, and conduct usability tests.
- Participate in executing the overall UX strategy, select and manage tools, and integrate UX design into the product life cycle.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes, refinements, and improvements when applicable.
- Lead the design of Design System artifacts and collaborate with developers on the creation and adoption of the Design System.
- Places user impact at the forefront of the process when it comes to design decisions.
- Proactively manage your work queue by communicating timelines, expectations, and trade- offs when deadlines cannot be met.
Requirements/Qualifications for Sr UX Designer:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in HCI, human factors, information design, web design, or related field, or comparable experience in the industry. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Four to five years of experience in documenting and creating design solutions for a complex application or service to meet business requirements and objectives.
- Knowledge and experience with designing and writing requirements for accessibility compliance (Section 508, WCAG 2.2, AA) is a plus.
- Proficiency in designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, Freehand, Figma, and InVision
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AP/ BH #10558