SEC Technical Accounting Manager
SEC Technical Accounting Manager
This position operates within broad parameters and is involved in applying accounting principles and other specialized expertise to solve complex accounting and reporting problems. The position requires comfort with authoritative and interpretive accounting guidance pertinent to industrial manufacturers and business growth activities. The position requires interfacing with personnel at all levels of the Company, including across business lines and departments within the organization. The position involves routine interaction with the Company’s internal and external auditors on technical accounting, SEC reporting, and other corporate accounting matters, as well as familiarity with how internal and external auditors apply procedures to the range of management assertions reflected in financial statements of public companies.
Key Responsibilities for SEC Technical Accounting Manager:
- Support the preparation and review of external reporting documents filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including drafting, change control management, and filing of Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and DEF 14A (definitive proxy statement), as well as other compliance filings.
- Research and document technical accounting positions including preparing internal memorandums and analyses for review by Finance management and the Company’s external auditors.
- Aid the Company’s business acquisition, capital project, lease accounting, and equity compensation activities.
- Demonstrate enhanced technical writing abilities including concise documentation of constructs, accounting guidance, interpretations, and conclusions.
- Provide consultation to other Finance, Accounting, and Operations personnel on the financial accounting and reporting implications of contracts, transactions, and events.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and SEC rules.
- Maintains current knowledge of internal control changes and is involved with refinement of internal control processes. Encourages the reporting and remediation of control violations. Strives for continuous improvement within operations. Challenges conventional thinking to obtain the most efficient solutions to issues. Utilizes best practices, benchmarks, and metrics to improve organization.
Requirements/Qualifications for SEC Technical Accounting Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desired
- At least 5 years of experience at a large accounting firm, or combination of public accounting and industry
- Advanced knowledge of SEC rules and GAAP accounting and disclosure requirements
- Enhanced technical writing and communication skills
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
JB / BH 10596