Security Incident Response Analyst
Security Incident Response Analyst
Our client, an innovator in the healthcare space based in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a Security Incident Response Analyst. The primary responsibility of this role will be to Operationalize cyber threat intelligence and manage incident response processes for security events, perform in technical security testing of our client’s infrastructure to identify weaknesses and assist with the prioritization of remediation efforts, and provide scenarios and facilitation of tabletop exercises.
This is a remote, direct hire position and will require travel to our client’s corporate office twice per year minimum. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of the Security Incident Response Analyst:
- Responsible for incident confirmation, response, data collection, investigation, and analysis.
- Responsible for maturing the client’s information security incident response process and procedures and guiding responders on the proper handling of cybersecurity incidents.
- Partners with information security and architecture and information security operations teams on mitigations approaches.
- Designs and implements processes for continuous improvement of incident response processes, policies, procedures, and playbooks
- Responsible for the planning, design, enforcement, and review of technology events to help ensure compliance with security policies, standards, and procedures under appropriate management guidance.
- Assists in the delivery of security briefings to management advising them of critical issues and metrics that may affect customer or corporate security objectives.
- Communicate with various departments and business units regarding sensitive and confidential issues.
- Work with IT team members, Privacy Office, Human Resources and Legal office in the collective effort of protecting our client’s information assets.
- May serve as primary incident response management involving a shared 24x7 on call availability.
- Monitor threat and vulnerability management information resources to identify new and emerging enterprise concerns.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex systems integration issues involving many disparate data sources, and experience in resolving them through providing clear direction on scope of solution.
- Provides leadership, direction, processes and procedures for the Cybersecurity incident management program.
- Leverages commercial and open-source intelligence feeds to adequately cover business risks.
Requirements of the Security Incident Response Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related field and 5+ years of experience in incident response and technical security testing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CISSP certification highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience creating security policies, standards, or procedures.
- Experience with cyber threat intelligence at both a technical and process level, security incident response process, digital forensics, chain of custody, and threat hunting.
- Demonstrated experience with Security Operations Center (SOC) operations and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including all levels of staff and leadership.
- Passionate and curious with wide and mixed skills in active defense and intelligence analyst tradecraft.
- Capable of analyzing competing sources of information to prioritize the best hypothesis while searching for and tracking adversaries over the course of a campaign.
- Knowledge of exploit development, vulnerability research/reporting or writing system modules in C & C++, a major advantage and added bonus.
- Experience using the MITRE frameworks and mapping to it (workflows, controls, malicious actors, etc)
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
AG/ BH 10624