Our client, a local non-profit organization focused on delivering excellent, equitable education to underserved children, their families and their communities is looking for an Office Coordinator to join their Portland, OR. team. In this role the Office Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing office operations. Will manage and track information in multiple databases related to communication via mailing, emails, fliers, and phone calls for all student record keeping and tracking. Role requires someone who is highly detail-focused and results-oriented, with excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills.
Contract to hire!
Location: Onsite, Portland, OR.
Responsibilities of Office Coordinator:
- Managing and maintain all student attendance and information in Synergy and internal databases.
- Creating and managing compliance of all students’ internal cumulative files, immunizations tracking and reporting to Multnomah County.
- Tracking and updating policies.
- Record, maintain and support student and family needs and requests.
- Assist in creating and distributing newsletters/ parent, donor & ambassador communication.
- Responsible for answering phones, checking multiple emails, checking voicemails, and returning calls.
- Coordinate and manage all safety functions that include building and safety plan administration.
- Coordination of all safety drills and communication and revision of emergency protocols based on drills.
- Building entry and exit: communication, improvement, and implementation of safety protocols.
- Collect facilities information and submit work orders & facilities request.
- Oversee the maintenance of office supply inventory.
- Maintain School Administrator’s appointment schedule.
- Planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Process all internal purchase authorizations and check request for School Administrator’s and Learning Academy.
- Conserve School Administrator’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information.
- Supervise Front Office Assistant, always coordinating office coverage.
- Managing and scheduling meetings/appointments, copying, scanning, collating, mailing, booking conference room.
- Organize office operations and procedures, such as flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services related to fields trips, assembly, special/ family events.
- Evaluate office production, revise procedures, or devise new forms to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Attend several staff and family events.
Requirements of Office Coordinator:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience as an administrative coordinator or similar role.
- Minimum two years of experience working in school, nonprofit, or community setting.
- One-year relevant experience working with children from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds preferred.
- Proven work experience as an administrative coordinator or like role!
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Current Food Handlers Card and CPR/First Aid Certificate preferred.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PB / #10693