Grants and Development Manager
Grants and Development Manager
Our client, an innovative organization that is making a positive impact on the lives of community members impacted by the criminal justice system, is looking for a Grants and Development Manager for their Portland, Oregon location. In this role, you will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure that the agency has the resources needed to carry out their mission.
Who you are: a collaborative and inclusive leader who is looking to grow with the agency and into a director level development role. If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Pay Range: $71,000-$75,600
Location: Portland, Oregon (Hybrid WFH 60%)
Key Responsibilities for Grants and Development Manager:
Grants Writing and Management (60% of your time)
- Manage and conduct the full range of activities needed to develop persuasive proposals for grant requests. This includes the writing of narratives with assistance from Program Directors, coordinating preparation of budgets with the Finance Department, development of final materials for submission, and submitting final applications, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Manage grant project portfolio averaging 5-7 projects per month and maintain all tracking sheets and calendars.
- Create and manage annual grants plans and facilitate all grant meetings.
- Process, monitor, and coordinate required reports on new and existing grants. Work closely with teams across the agency.
- Engage staff from across the organization in the grant writing process. Be a content expert on agency programs and their impact and regularly engage with programs and program staff.
Development (35% of your time)
- Develop and execute annual development plan in collaboration with agency leadership to increase awareness, visibility, and revenue to support the mission and strategic direction of our client.
- Lead the implementation of strategic development plans engaging diverse stakeholders.
- Manage the research and tracking of funding prospects from various sources.
- Develop and manage agency donor databases, individual donor programs, and cultivate successful relationships with national, regional, and local grant-making individuals and organizations.
- Share our client’s story and the impact of our work through media and written and verbal communication.
- Attend events and represent organization in the community to increase support for the agency and its work.
- Support the Board of Directors in fundraising efforts and lead board development related to fundraising.
- Oversee, plan, and execute annual fundraising initiatives to achieve revenue goals.
- Lead efforts to produce annual impact reports and other reports on impact throughout the year.
- Be a champion in the shaping and sustaining of a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and just workplace, with a focus towards creating racial equity.
- Participate in cross-departmental teams or committees.
Requirements/Qualifications for Grants and Development Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of related experience.
- 2+ years of Fundraising & Donor Development experience.
- Experience with government grants preferred.
- Non-profit experience and/or lived experience with the criminal justice system and/or child welfare system.
- Intermediate level computer capabilities in use of databases, web-based environments, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Commitment to Racial Justice. Staff are expected to interact effectively across racially diverse teams, partners, and experiences, apply a racial equity lens in their work and commit to the ongoing work required to move toward a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive and just organization.
- Participate in shared leadership and continuous growth and learning, live values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice and engage in personal work to further DEIJ values and impact
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.