Accounting & Receivables Assistant
Accounts Receivable Assistant
Our client, an organization with a mission to empower young people, is looking for an AR Assistant for their Portland, Oregon location. In this role, you will provide accounts receivable assistance to our accounting department as it receives, processes, and collects on pledges, contracts, and grants. In this role. This person will also be required to review account information, correct discrepancies, and ensure that all accounts are correctly billed and that payments are collected.
If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Salary: Starting at $65k (DOE)
Portland, Oregon (Hybrid)
Key Responsibilities for Accounts Receivable Assistant:
- Preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients related to pledges, grants, contracts, and other agreements.
- Generating reports and statements for internal use such as A/R aging schedules each month.
- Responsible for all receivables and related activities.
- Responsible for all billings and invoices related to pledges, contracts, and grants.
- Timely review of overdue accounts, pledges, contracts, and grant payments.
- Tracking and recording pledge commitments received from the Development department.
- Preparation of invoices for donors upon receipt of properly prepared pledge form commitments.
- Recording grant awards and reviewing LOAs, contracts, and agreements.
- Generate grant expenditure tracking to the Grants Manager and VP of Development to ensure that grant funds are being spent within the performance period and achieving desired financial targets and goals.
- Assist in creating budgets for grant proposals, if necessary.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the grant allocation process.
- Create and send timely pacing reports for special events to the development team.
- Review of A/R Aging to ensure collections on all possible outstanding receivables.
- Special Projects in support of the CFO and Controller.
Requirements/Qualifications for Accounts Receivable Assistant:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience within accounting or finance.
- Non-profit experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is preferred.
- QuickBooks Proficiency is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat.
- Grant management & allocation experience is required (Cost accounting could be considered as a transferrable skill).
- Ability to, both independently and collaboratively, solve problems, manage multiple priorities, and move complex projects forward while paying attention to details and deliverables.
- Exhibit understanding, sensitivity, and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- High accuracy, efficiency, accountability, and attention to detail.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.