IT - 10026 Data Engineering Tech Lead
Data Engineering Technical Lead
Our client, one of the leading software consulting and engineering firms in the Pacific Northwest, is looking to hire a highly skilled Data Engineering Technical Lead to join their team. In this highly visible role, you will serve as the technical expert responsible for design and implementation of BI, Analytics, & Big Data solutions providing high-value, timely analytics and data solutions to customers. You will be responsible for verifying requirements, defining architecture, developing an implementation plan, providing thought leadership for all data solutions, including designing data solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations. You will also provide direction to developers overseeing the development, unit testing and documentation for the developed solution and develop strong customer relationships for ongoing business. this sounds like a role you would be interested in pursuing then continue reading and please apply!
- Manage the development of Data Engineering Solutions including Data Lake / Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence solutions
- Develop Analytics/BI Solutions providing developed solutions as well as hand’s-on guidance to the project team members
- Serve as a thought leader & expert on Analytics/BI tools
- Develop relational models, cubes and reports in a re-usable fashion aligned with the architectural direction
- Work closely with the deployment team to ensure all developed solutions are aligned to design documentation and customer requirements
- Mentor fellow Analytics Developers/Team Members/Clients
- Analyze customer’s business needs and information requirements, define optimum system requirements to meet business needs, and be able to prioritize and manage new, in-line requirements
- Provide hands-on problem-solving assistance with data integration and data profiling tools to developers
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent
- 7+ years Deep Experience with RDBMS systems and data warehousing with an Expert Level understanding of BI/DW architecture, Cloud Solution Architecture (AWS and/or Azure), and Performance Standards/Tuning, with Certifications being a plus
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling (logical and/or physical), ETL design, reporting design
- Deep Experience with a variety of ETL/Data Solution tools such as AWS Data Pipeline, Azure Data Factory, AWS Redshift, Informatica, SSIS, etc.
- Strong to Expert level SQL & Python skills
- Deep Experience with both structured & unstructured data.
- Deep Experience with Relational (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc) & No-SQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc)
- Experience developing RESTful API’s to enable data consumption
- Demonstrated ability & strong interest in learning new technologies
- Experience with relational and dimensional data modeling approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- The following skills & experience are preferred but not required:
- At least 1-3 years Consulting or IS Consulting Experience Understanding of core Business Intelligence (BI)/data warehousing technology: RDBMS, Web, Client/ Server, and OLAP Skills
- Experience with Stream/Messaging/Workflow management a plus (i.e. Apache Airflow, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, etc.)
- Experience developing API integrations/embedding of Reporting Tool visualizations (i.e. Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience solving business problems by applying analytics techniques such as machine learning and statistical modeling using analytical tools and programming languages
- Experience with R, SAS, Jump, or similar Statistical Modeling software
- Experience with Object Oriented development methods
- Programming experience (.Net, Visual Basic, C, C++); Web/Internet experience (JAVA, HTML, ASP, XML, XSL)
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.