IT - Business Analyst 3
Our client is one of the leading utility providers in the Pacific Northwest and is looking to add a talented Business Analyst to their Business Transformation team. The primary focus of this role is to serve as a point-of-contact, collaborating with managers, team members and business stakeholders to clarify business operations, provide gap analysis, document current and future states, identify and recommend solution alternatives, evaluate alternatives, and define resulting business and change management approaches, strategies, processes, procedures, and workflows. This position will also recommend, promote and actively support change management plans and implementation. If this sounds like a role in which you would thrive, then continue reading and please apply!
- Provide recommendations for business capability (process, people, information, technology) change impacts and recommend appropriate change mitigation activities.
- Collaborate and communicate with a wide variety of technical and business experts in both individual and group settings to determine project team requirements.
- Research, interview internal customers, stakeholders and other interested internal parties to gather and understand customer requirements, which may include software solutions or business process, procedure or workflow development; present solution recommendations for management, executives, stakeholders consideration and approval.
- Provide analysis and fact-based criteria to the project requirements and/or solutions vetting process, incorporating analysis and criteria in decision-making materials and presentations.
- As requested, perform appropriate testing of recommended solutions, including new analytical tools or components, new or revised workflows, processes, standards, business-case criteria, and/or mitigation measures.
- Draft and prepare Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point presentations, Visio flowcharts and MS Project to capture and convey clear information for decision support or increased understanding of a topic.
- Follow System Life Cycle (SLC) processes, including providing support and guidance to the project team; submit feedback to the SLC team for updates, and validating that the SLC is being followed.
- Support and facilitate the following functions:
- Written and verbal sponsor communication;
- Project team communications and coordination;
- Inter-project team communications and coordination;
- Team meeting and sponsor meeting management.
- Work with appropriate manager to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among stakeholders and project team members in both individual and group settings. Administer and carry out the requirements elicitation and development process including facilitating workshops, presenting and validating findings, assisting in the development of business cases, and managing changes discovered during analysis.
- Monitor effectiveness of change plans and strategies, recommending improvements for management consideration to gain maximum benefit.
Experience & Education
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration/Management, Organizational Development, or closely related field is required.
- With a Masters' degree, 6 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 yrs of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 2 years’ experience in the Electric/Utility Industry.
- 2 years’ experience years with the following:
- Change Management methodologies
- Presentation and Communication experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and with MS Visio, Access, and Project.
- Proficiency in modeling, visualization, and presentation tools.
- The following skills are preferred but not required:
- PMI or PMP certification
- 2 years’ experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or IT project delivery environment.
- 5 years’ experience in business process improvement techniques, with 2 years’ applied within the energy industry.
- 2 years’ experience with Finance/Budget/Accounting.
- 2 years’ experience with Business Analysis standards as documented in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge...
- Familiar with Project Management standards as documented in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Familiar with concepts of Enterprise (Business) Architecture and business capabilities.
- Familiar with architecture frameworks (such as The Open Group/TOGAF, FEAF, DODAF, Zachmann).
- Familiar with modeling/mapping business process requirements, verification of deliverables.
- Familiar with the definition and development of operational governance models to enable programmatic change.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
WE ARE UNFORTUNATELY UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE CORP TO CORP APPLICANTS