Manager of Software Development
Our client, a leading healthcare solutions provider, is seeking a talented Manager of Software Development to join their team. The Manager of CCS Software Development will develop and deliver systems and applications. You will lead the development, delivery, and support sections of the product or process, partnering with the product owners to establish the feature priorities and roadmap to help meet the team’s business objectives. This role manages software development teams, and is generally responsible for the outcome of the work of one or two functional teams.
- Good experience in software development. Has performed that functional skill at a very high level and can mentor others on software development best practices
- Has the ability to develop and lead a team including hiring, goal setting, coaching and development. Can drive performance of individual contributors and deal with performance problems. Understands and performs the recruiting and interview process as well as formal performance evaluation.
- Has thorough knowledge of general principles of project management and software development lifecycles.
- Good experience in software development methodologies and theory.
- Experience evaluating performance using Big O notation and can mentor others to do the same.
- Expert in OO software designs and pattern usage and the gang of four.
- Has implemented and run agile software development teams. Knows how to create the most efficient and motivated software teams.
- Deep understanding of SOA design and Web services
The CCS SW Development Manager would have a relevant Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in the related field including 1 year leadership responsibilities or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may be substituted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.