PS - Operations Analyst 1 JP# 9062
Operations Analyst 1
Our client, a prominent utility company in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a talented Operations Analyst to join their team. This position will provide analysis and support for the Customer Service Reliability Program and will develop and recommend new and enhanced solutions to effectively and efficiently manage and control both data and documentation. This position will maintain a high volume of data and documentation in a variety of systems. The complexity is high and the information is of critical importance, as it is directly related to both the company and our customer’s compliance.
- Utilizing a pre-established set of processes and procedures, monitor compliance efforts to verify that the company implements NERC reliability compliance activities including system and data support that meet or exceed internal and external audit requirements.
- Participate in and assist BFTE in the planning, development, and implementation of NERC/WECC reliability compliance program consistent with the mandates of Federal Guidelines.
- Facilitate the NERC Transmission Planner (TP) Coordinated Functional Registration Project (CFR) including:
- Administering the delineation of over 120 NERC requirements and work with the NERC tool to validate accuracy.
- Facilitating new entities into the project flow as requested.
- Maintain and update TPCR contracts for all participating external entities.
- Support the External Representatives project including:
- Maintaining the database of representatives and monthly external representatives’ reports;
- Drafting and preparing monthly executive summary for 80+ external committees;
- Gather requirements, develop, test, and implement manager approved new computer applications for project teams.
- Facilitate and support the Customer Service Reliability Program Customer Compliance Request Tracker including daily use and maintenance.
- Draft and prepare internal or external compliance reports for NERC, WECC, Northwest Power Pool (NWPP), customers or other regional reporting requirements for the organization. Alert manager of any noted concerns or potential issues.
- Analyze existing systems to track customer questions, requests and tasks including e-mail chains, attachments and responsible parties. Provide recommendations for improvements and solutions on internal system inadequacies.
- Provide recommendations that improve Customer Service Reliability Program response times, frequent customer inquiries, and inefficiencies.
- Draft management reporting tools that document and communicate the progress of compliance-related activities to verify timely completion.
- Administer NERC/WECC standards/requirements and customer data management tool including:
- Analyzing and providing recommendations for tools to utilize for managing customer and agreements data;
- Tracking agreements as they are executed and verify all applicable compliance metadata is captured and retained;
- Analyzing new NERC/WECC standard/requirement revisions and provide recommendations on how they impact existing executed agreements;
- Providing assistance to SMEs, as requested or assigned by preparing documents and related material to demonstrate compliance with NERC Standards.
- Support external/internal Reliability Program SharePoint development, population, and administration including:
- Analyzing existing processes and data flow and providing recommendations for optimal solutions;
- Providing recommendations for internal SharePoint sites to manage annual processes and other reliability needs;
- Collecting data and performing subsequent analysis on industry and regulatory trends that support policy initiatives, as requested;
- Drafting and maintaining site content, including attachments;
- Coordinating with company website content team to maintain external reliability webpage;
- Propose priorities and draft final documentation on assigned processes for management approval.
- Draft and prepare functional and technical requirement documents for diverse audience (technical and non-technical).
- A degree in Business Administration/Management, Computer Science, Organizational Development, or closely related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 2 yrs of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 4 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 6 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business and operations analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 2 years’ experience using intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); MS Office 2010, sufficient to create presentations and pivot tables.
- Intermediate knowledge of Sharepoint sufficient to update changes and add new content.
- 2 years’ Visio and Access experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.