PS - Relationship Banker
We are looking to add an experienced Relationship Banker to our client's team in Seattle, WA. This is a direct-hire opportunity that will help clients achieve financial well-being through deep customer relationships and a thoughtful understanding of their needs. The Relationship Banker also provides sales and service support to the Retail Store team; they will provide product solutions through ethical business practices and act in the best interest of the bank's clients. This role will also serve as the primary new account and loan originator for the store.
- Builds, develops and deepens customer relationships through active market profiling, and needs-based questioning to identify deposit, credit, and investment solutions to help the customer achieve their financial goals; educates customer on alternative channels that provide value and refers to appropriate lines of business.
- Establishes preset appointments, delivers quality Financial Wellness Review conversations, identifies needs, makes recommendations and follows up.
- Assists the customer with their financial growth through savvy advice and educating the customer on alternative channels that provide value and refer to appropriate lines of business. Develops strong partnerships with business partners focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of current clients; effectively manages those partnerships.
- Originates simple to complex consumer lending inside the Store.
- Originates limited Small Business loans as well as provides cash management solutions
- Recognizes a small business with potential and makes a quality referrals to the proper team.
- Cross-sells other bank services and refers customers to other departments as appropriate.
- Regularly reviews, develops and maintains broad knowledge of product and service offerings, fees, and policies, to appropriately support client needs.
- Maintains and calls on a client book of business.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years of banking and/or demonstrated sales experience.
- 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources in banking or retail environment with customer service and cash handling experience.
- 1 year experience in a lending function with loan origination and processing functions, or equivalent training. This position requiresNational Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Reg Z.
- Foundational knowledge of sales and service techniques with consumers and small businesses, including tele-consulting, outside calling, prospecting and networking. Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc.) Comfortable with technology i.e. smartphones, smart pads, online banking, remote deposit capture, ATM deposits, etc.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
REGISTERED MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR (MLO)
• This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a consumer in obtaining or applying to obtain a mortgage, negotiate a mortgage, otherwise obtain or make a mortgage for another person, represent to the public (through advertising or other means of communication) that such person can or will perform any of these activities, or refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except those employees of the Bank who do not discuss particular credit terms available and do not refer the consumer, based on the employee’s assessment of the consumer’s financial characteristics to a particular Bank MLO) for compensation or gain. All MLOs will be required to register as an MLO complying with the SAFE Act requirements.
• Position IS NOT authorized to act as a Bank Closed-End MLO, which is defined as any position designated to perform the activities of a Bank MLO for closed-end transactions, and therefore this position is limited in acting as a Bank MLO for open-ended transactions (i.e., home equity lines of credit) only.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.