IT - Database Administrator IV B01408 Oracle Specialist
We are looking to add an experienced Database Administrator (Oracle Specialist) to our client’s team. This is a 6-month contract position with the possibility of extending into a full-time role. This role is flexible in that the incumbent can either work out of Portland or be remote. This position requires a very high-level SQL Server DBA to help support a very complex database environment using Always-On, Change Tracking/CDC, and Snapshots. No degree required.
General Functions & Outcomes:
- Works with a team to deliver and maintain database systems. Responsible for the design, development, implementation, integration, and maintenance of multiple premium and core database management technologies, tools and utilities. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
- Responsible for, but are not limited to: requirements analysis, system design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, patching, monitoring, tuning, securing, recovery and documentation of database management technologies, tools and utilities.
- Participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of data and/or database management systems.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates highly complex changes to production environments and systems within approved maintenance windows and with no unapproved impact to customers.
- 10+ years of experience as SQL Server DBA
- Strong understanding of SQL 2016 Always-On Functionality
- Strong understanding of SQL 2016 CDC/Change Tracking
- Strong understanding of SQL 2016 Database Snapshots
- Experience with very large databases
- Power shell scripting preferred
- Database design preferred
- Analysis/Problem-solving preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.