IT Desktop Technical Customer Support 3 (9260)
Senior Desktop Technical Customer Support
Our client is looking for a Senior Desktop Technical Customer Support for their Pasco, Washington location. This position supports the current desktop computing environment and new projects that are relevant to Field IT services. This position also serves as the primary contact for the substations located within the district and provides technical assistance over the phone or in person for a wide variety of hardware, software and site-specific applications in an enterprise server-client environment.
Responsibilities of Senior Desktop Technical Customer Support:
- Field telephone calls, voicemails and emails from IT clients.
- Troubleshoot calls/tickets assigned from the IT Service Desk and start the resolution process, bringing in other subject matter experts as required.
- Track issues using a central incident management application.
- Enter IT problem descriptions and troubleshoot the issue sufficiently to appropriately refer the problem to the correct IT support group.
- Configure Microsoft Office applications and resolve usability issues. Includes troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook clients connecting to multiple Microsoft Exchange Servers and network file shares/printers. Resolve end-user functionality questions with Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware system level problems as they occur, taking a proactive approach to resolve issues before they become major problems.
- Configure new desktops, software upgrades, and provide problem solving for hardware, operating systems and security permission issues. Troubleshoot desktop problems both locally and remotely in a multi-domain, secure Active Directory environment.
- Verify functionality of enterprise business applications such as the PeopleSoft suite by configuring OS settings and troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot and repair Desktop/Laptop and thin client hardware.
- Run diagnostic programs for troubleshooting or monitoring purposes.
- With oversight and approval from the manager, serve as escalation point of contact within the Field IT Support team for Desktop/Laptop and thin client hardware.
- Ability to resolve technical issues or escalate in a timely, professional manner.
- Support and troubleshoot video-teleconferencing setup and resolve teleconferencing network issues.
- Support Citrix XenApp / Application virtualization, to include troubleshooting client connectivity issues, performance issues and troubleshooting printing issues.
- Work remotely with subject matter experts (SME’s) to resolve complex desktop or network issues.
- Manage hardware assets and track via asset management application(s), verifying IT inventories are accurate.
- Support peripheral devices (Printers, Smartphones, Scanners etc.).
- Understand the IT working environment sufficiently to explain technical issues to a disparate range of technical and non-technical clients.
- Using industry standards, follow complex procedures and explain technical solutions to a wide range of clients. Provide recommendations for procedure changes/improvements.
- Prioritize work with a focus on client satisfaction and follow through based on established standards and processes.
Requirements of Senior Desktop Technical Customer Support:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer/Information Technology or a directly-related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 6 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be in the Computer/Information Technology or directly related technical field.
- 6 years of experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- 6 years of experience with Desktop/laptop configuration and troubleshooting.
- 6 years of experience with local and network printer configuration and troubleshooting.
- 6 years of experience with Desktop security practices, including patching and updating the OS, security settings in the OS and in applications and anti-virus and anti-spy applications.
- One or more of the following: A+, MCP, MCSE, or other relevant industry certifications preferred.
- If not certified, must show relevant knowledge.
- Experience and working knowledge of Terminal Services/Citrix.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access.
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.