Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of integrated solutions for advanced communication systems worldwide. They are currently seeking an experienced Quality and Compliance Engineer with a proven track record of delivering consistent output that meets or exceeds standards.
- Maintains, reviews and continuously improves our Quality Management System
- Validates and creates and necessary any process or procedural documentation required in support of the QMS
- Works with Engineering and Procurement to evaluate vendors and manage performance and corrective action reports.
- Participates in the Material Review Board, evaluating non-conforming materials and works with vendors to resolve issues in process.
- Assist with ISO evaluation, preparation, audit and maintenance.
- Liaise between Engineering and QC on New Product Introduction to ensure that necessary process and procedures are in-place before production.
- Manage change control process for software and firmware loaded as part of process.
- Oversee supply chain quality and compliance.
- Support and mentor QC Supervisor in quality process industry best practices.
- Oversees integrity of product quality for assigned areas through participation as integral part of manufacturing team.
- Applies knowledge of Inspection Equipment and Techniques to provide timely data usable for informed decision-making.
- Present quality status to Production, Management, and Engineering teams.
- Know, practice, and be an advocate of all site safety rules and regulations.
- Performance requires physical attendance.
- Performance requires extended hours and occasional weekend work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/education combination
- 7+ years QC or testing experience
- 5+ years of experience in an electronics and/or mechanical assembly environment
- Experience in mid-volume (e.g. Hundreds of units per month), high mix manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and maintain high quality standards.
- Knowledge of relevant ISO, Six Sigma, and MIL standards for Quality is required o ISO9000
- Knowledge and experience with qualification testing for product compliance is highly desired
- MIL-STD-810G/H and/or IEC 60068
- EMI/EMC ? MIL-STD-461F and/or EN55035:2017/ EN55032:2015
- Experience with simple mechanical and electrical inspection, instruments, and instrument calibration.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Skilled computer operator proficient with Microsoft Windows and office platforms
- Independent professional that can perform job assignment with limited supervision, self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail while multi-tasking in a dynamic environment
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.