PS - Data Reporting Analyst (B02508)
Our client, located in Portland, Oregon, is looking for a temporary Data Reporting Analyst. The Data Reporting Analyst serves as a data and analytic consultant for functional business areas by collecting and analyzing operation and financial data. The Data Reporting Analyst also presents findings on any trends and assists business leaders with forecasting in support of evidence based decision making. This is a 3 month contract position and is fully remote (candidates must be able to work West Coast hours)
* Provides analytical support to any or all divisions of the organization by mining data, conducting analysis, and interpreting results related to business needs.
* Develops methodologies and approaches to new tasks and projects through design and development of analytical models and reports.
* Proactively identify issues and concerns to management.
* Develops knowledge of health plan operations, health plan data sources and structures, and cost containment strategies.
* Identifies problems or needed changes, recommends resolution, and participates in quality improvement efforts.
* Identifies needed reporting, assembles or directs the assembly of reports and distributes such information.
* Performs acceptance testing of new reports, programs and models.
* Documents business requirements and methods used to generate work output.
* Drives analytic innovation and best practices within the organization.
* Actively identifies and eliminates inefficient or ineffective use of resources and provides recommendation on process improvements.
* Bachelors degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Proven ability to document business requirements.
* Advanced knowledge of B2B operations, data sources, data structures within business areas.
* Data Visualization experience in an enterprise business intelligence platform (Power BI, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
* Experience manipulating data in MS Excel
* Some experience with Structured Queries or Elastic Search (SQL, Jira Query Language, Salesforce Object Query Language)
* Some exposure or experience navigating Customer Relations Management Software (Salesforce, etc.)
* Knowledge of data mining tools and methods (SAS, OLAP) including server reporting services (SPSS, Minitab, Tableau).
* Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods. (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal)
* Proven ability to design and develop reporting tools and dashboards.
* Ability to organize, plan and prioritize assignments within multiple projects.
* Demonstrated success with project management.
* Advanced oral and written communications skills.
* Proven ability to perform difficult analytical tasks with minimal supervision.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.