Our client, a world-class automation precision company, is seeking Mechanical Engineers for a brand-new exciting project. These individuals will be responsible for the mechanical design and performance of complex custom automated equipment from concept through release, manufacturing, customer acceptance, installation, and customer follow-up for one of their most prestigious clients.
- Develop innovative designs that meet or exceed customer's requirements and expectations.
- Prepare design concepts in a team environment.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage of development.
- Select cost effective, reliable design components and coordinate with purchasing for timely delivery.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of accurate bills of materials.
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up.
- Design and detail components and assemblies as related to the manufacture and assembly of custom automation equipment.
- Design and detail component parts and assemblies to meet the specific needs of each internal department and design intent specifications.
- Create 2D drawings and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for system release.
- Perform Self Check and Peer Review of drawings and BOMs prior to release to ensure accuracy.
- Execute revisions to BOMs and drawings per redlines and feedback from Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Analyze tolerance stacks of assemblies for capability of assembly and fabrication.
- Active member of development team; willingness to work with other internal and external customers.
- Hands-on involvement and desire to verify fit and function of design intent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use CAD systems such as SolidWorks to create drawings highly desired.
- GAMP 5 experience preferred.
- Ability to use PC’S to do conventional word processing, navigate the Internet, and utilize internal systems for drawing access, component tracking, email, etc.
- Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
Education and Experience
- BSME or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of recent machine design required.
- Familiarity with machine control systems and experience with pneumatic systems.
- 3D solid modeling CAD expertise (SolidWorks or AutoDesk Inventor) with application of GD&T principles.
** We are unable to accommodate corp to corp candidates **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.