Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst makes a significant impact on business results by meeting the rapidly growing demand for curated data. Through collaboration and innovation, the Sr. BI Analyst will be responsible for taking challenging data sets and design KPI, financial reporting, and other operational reports within BI tools. The outcome will be timely, accurate, meaningful, and actionable reporting, that can be easily accessed and applied by other parties, and help Operations manage the performance of the business.
The Sr. BI Analyst will be required to perform complex duties requiring advanced professional experience, leadership skills, knowledge, and a high level of competency in data and business intelligence best practices.
This is a highly visible role that includes frequent interaction with senior management and other key internal stakeholders. The successful candidate will be expected to be a highly driven, solution focused individual that can work well with internal partners at all levels. The candidate should be comfortable with ambiguity, changes in direction and priorities, and demonstrate the ability to perform in a rapidly changing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of data preparation, ETL, and data architecture.
- Ability to develop within data visualization software services such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries.
- Expert Excel skills with experience in PowerQuery, PowerPivot, DAX, VBA, Data Analysis Pack.
- Non-Technical Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency implementing actionable reporting solutions to Operations.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to understand information quickly, derive insight, ask incisive questions, identify root causes, propose solutions.
- Strong business acumen and ability to communicate data concepts in terms that others can understand.
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to communicate, present and interact comfortably with all levels, including senior leaders. Comfortable expressing divergent opinions in a constructive and engaging manner, and resolving issues to move work forward.
- A desire to learn, and develop with new technologies and methods.
- Strong ability to take action in the face of ambiguity and imperfection, with resolve to move projects forward.
- Ability to work independently and with high attention to quality and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively manage projects, understanding how to prioritize, develop work plans to meet deadlines, etc.
- Exposure to medium to large sized companies that operate in a best practice environment.
- Experience leveraging Python and associated Pandas for data analysis.
- Experience leveraging statistical software such as R, SPSS, or EViews
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or specialized training/certification or equivalent work experience.