IT - Software Engineer
Our client, a local nonprofit organization focused on elevating education worldwide, is looking for a Software Engineer for their Portland, OR location. Our client employs Software Engineers to achieve craftsmanship level development of software applications for their clients and internal users. This includes meeting all requirements/ specifications, testing/QA requirements and methodologies.
Software Engineers work collaboratively with all participants on software development projects and may be called upon to fulfill functions related to software development that are not specifically software programming, such as requirements gathering, producing documentation, quality assurance testing, mentoring other developers, and leading projects. As required, this position provides guidance to the junior Software Engineers on the team. This position must be adaptable to changing technology environments and work collaboratively with all participants in a software development project.
- Write awesome code
- Create prototypes to help clarify software requirements
- Create realistic design specification documents from software requirements
- Plan and perform development tasks from design specifications
- Provide accurate time estimates for development tasks
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to resolve software defects
- Collaborate with project architects and assist team members to prove the validity of new software technologies
- Engage and improve software development methodology
- Promote agile processes among development and the business, including facilitation of scrums
- Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills, including the application of design patterns and avoidance of anti-patterns
- An understanding of databases (such as Postgres, Dynamo, etc..) and SQL would be highly beneficial
- Experience working in a collaborative team of application developers and source code repositories
- Demonstrated ability to follow through with all tasks, promises and commitments
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within priorities
- Ability to work under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of software design concepts
- Understanding of software development methodologies
- Ability to solve complex problems
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years progressive experience in a software development
- Proven experience having designed one or more major components of an application, preferably of a software product.
- Proven experience working across multiple tiers of an application, including a database, network, operating system, and containers.
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Experience working in a SCRUM environment
**We are unable to accommodate Corp to Corp Candidates**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.