The Accounting Manager will play a highly visible, critical role in the Finance group. This person will report directly to the Assistant Controller and will work closely with senior finance management to collaborate on significant issues with cross-functional leaders. They will oversee the timely and accurate accounting of our consolidated subsidiaries and the ongoing development and maintenance of our robust financial accounting systems, processes, and controls.
What you'll do:
- Manages the monthly close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and report preparation.
- Manages staff accountants within the general ledger reporting team.
- Works closely with members of the finance team to analyze and communicate financial performance to executives and other management. Collaborate with FP&A team to provide timely and robust internal reporting to drive business results]
- Lead the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external audit firm.
- Assist management in defining and implementing tactical initiatives and ensuring the effectiveness of our internal control environment, ensuring compliance with the company’s Sarbanes Oxley Rule 404.
- Evaluate, and maintain documentation of current policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with internal controls. Recommend opportunities for improvement across all business functions and work with teams to implement continual best practice.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings (i.e., 10-Qs and 10-K) which includes generating and compiling supporting documentation.
- Assists with research and documentation of technical accounting issues.
- Increase finance operational efficiencies by providing continuous improvement to policies and processes.
- Provides support to other departments with various finance inquiries.
- Provides support to the Head of Strategy in our Transformation Office by representing Finance operations to ensure we are prepared to support our growth initiatives.
- Provides strong leadership and continuous development opportunities.
- Performs other related ad-hoc projects, analysis and duties as deemed necessary and appropriate
- Serves as a positive, energetic agent of change and improvement within Nautilus.
Who you are:
- Strong technical accountant with solid understanding of US GAAP
- Experienced with both domestic and foreign subsidiaries, intercompany eliminations and consolidation.
- Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills
- Able to collaborate effectively using broad range of influence styles to drive desired results; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Proven experience in leading teams including providing direction, understanding resource capability, and successfully driving results working with internal or external resources
- Very strong communicator, written and oral, with proven ability to communicate with senior management.
- Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined workplans
- Able to effectively balance multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and to manage cross-functional business partners who are not direct line reports
- Experienced leader with a proven track record of successfully leading teams
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience in a mid-size corporation or public accounting firm
- Experience with publicly traded companies required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related Field
- Big 4 experience and CPA strongly preferred
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.