IT Senior Database Administrator
Our client, a leader in the healthcare insurance industry is seeking an experienced, Sr. Database Automation Administrator/Database Automation Engineer. This is a Direct Hire position and is fully remote – although candidates must be willing to commit to a PST work schedule.
The Database Automation Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of automated solutions to optimize database processes.
- Understands and implements Automated solutions to optimize database processes.
- Is familiar with Infrastructure as Code strategies and technologies.
- Works with a team to deliver and maintain database systems.
- Responsible for, but are not limited to: requirements analysis, system design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, patching, monitoring, tuning, securing, recovery and documentation of database management technologies, tools and utilities.
- Must adhere to IT departmental policies, standards and procedures. Those include but are not limited to; technical and architecture standards, production and operational processes, and software license compliance.
- Able to perform the following basic database administrator functions with one or more core and preferred database technologies such as plan and communicate server and storage capacity requirements; install and configure database software, install and configure appropriate or necessary software patch or upgrades, design and configure database operational structures per application functional and operational requirements, configure database backups per operational requirements, configure database with application and user security per policy and standards, monitor and tune databases to meet operational performance and capacity requirements, monitor and tune databases to meet backup and security requirements, develops and maintains database operational support documentation, work with software vendors to resolve technical issues with database functionality and follow all established policies, procedures, processes, standards, or guidelines
- Participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of data and/or database management systems.
- Demonstrated experience using automation tools such as Git, GitLab, GitLab Runners, Ansible and Jenkins
- Demonstrated experience with several of the following technologies, tools, utilities or methodologies such as MS SQL Server RDBMS, Windows, Clustering, Replication, Always-On, CDC
- Demonstrated experience writing stored procedures, functions, scripts using SQL Server, Transact SQL, Powershell, Windows cmd, Python Shell scripting.
- Experience and general knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
Top Preferred Qualifications:
· Experience with Always On, Change Data Capture, Ansible
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.